Anyone get to pick up the Razer Sabertooth?

#11patgd04Posted 2/1/2013 7:29:05 AM
just worried if it'll work on the newer systems or not before thinking of buying
---
"A guy with a full belly and empty nads has a tendency to stay at home. Just saying."
GT patgd2008
#12Net SharkPosted 2/1/2013 7:29:49 AM
Quote:i was going to buy the Razer Onza from amazon. but something told me to check the revivew.

HOLY *****

there are more 1 stars than anything else. with all the complaints being around the same thing. then to make it better you had Razer PR or CR person commenting to these reviews offering a replacement and damage control.

@XT3M3
I also saw the bad reviews and decided not to get. Durability problems once again from them. I got the Power A Fus1on instead and love the thing. No extra buttons but the sticks and triggers are amazing. I can't even go back to the stock Ms one.
---
Andy Reid thought he was going to KFC not KC. :)
#13Ryguy226(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:08:27 AM
Shadonic posted...
AlleRacing posted...
The Onza was a piece of crap, like all Razer products, I wouldn't expect any better of the Sabertooth.

I've heard bad things about the onza, but from what I've seen of the razer they nailed it this time around, the extra triggers takes some getting used to, but it's removable, meanwhile having a double trigger works wonders for single fire guns like the FAL or SMR, having a trigger set for knifing is also better for reaction, the smaller working travel of the hyper response buttons means I've never since had a finger slip and missed the window for crouching below a betty that caught me out... I've almost stopped using the original R Trigger completely as the button style of the sabretooth works better for one touch uses like firing a gun ( but would fall flat, say, in a driving game where you need it for a variable like acceleration).

the OLED screen makes mapping buttons an absolute breeze, the wiring looks sturdy, comes in a case, my -only- niggle with the controller thus far is that there is a tiny bit of play in the left thumbstick around neutral, which could be a concern after a week of use, but will have to see how it goes on.

This is the first controller I've used with the slip on Thumb covers. and i have to say they feel miles better, I'm tempted to get a pair of grips for some of my other controllers too.

and on a final note, having the extra triggers in place of buttons / the quicker travel on the four face buttons helps TREMENDOUSLY on fighting games too ;3

I'd say this is about what sums up my feelings of the controller so far, though I do feel my hands and brain having a slight issue with adjusting, they've gotten so used to the original controller that these new functions and where they're placed is just making things not feel natural right now. I'm sure that'll pass once I get more practice with it, just like how I got used to an analog stick or the second one when they were first introduced to controllers.
#14Ryguy226(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:14:26 AM
patgd04 posted...
just worried if it'll work on the newer systems or not before thinking of buying

We'll see, but given trends for current consoles, everything connects via a USB cable and/or bluetooth, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft is going to keep the current layout roughly the same since it's by far the most comfortable design out of all the consoles (even Nintendo jumped on this bandwagon). The Wii U and the Playstation 2 both allow old controllers to be used with the console, so I can't see why the new Xbox wouldn't follows a similar trend. But then again, if they introduce a new feature to the controller, then we'll be boned, so here's to hoping they allow it so that we can keep our current controllers without having to fork over for new ones.
#15Net SharkPosted 2/1/2013 9:22:18 AM
It will break before the new console is out. It is getting similar reviews of bad durability as the Onza did.
---
#16XT3M3Posted 2/1/2013 9:23:41 AM
Net Shark posted...
It will break before the new console is out. It is getting similar reviews of bad durability as the Onza did.

link? i see none on amazon
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#17duericPosted 2/1/2013 9:25:06 AM
How's the clicking of the stick to sprint? This was a major issue that made both of my Onza's unusable. It just flat out didn't work.

Also, are the sticks the adjustable tension kind like on the Onza, or just regular sticks this time?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#18Net SharkPosted 2/1/2013 9:34:02 AM
Quote:Net Shark posted...

@XT3M3
You know I can't find now. I swear Amazon had reviews of people with stick problems. They are not there now.
---
#19XT3M3Posted 2/1/2013 9:36:56 AM
Net Shark posted...
Quote:Net Shark posted...

@XT3M3
You know I can't find now. I swear Amazon had reviews of people with stick problems. They are not there now.

since wicked did that comparison of the scuf and the Sabertooth i went on amazon to see the reviews and i saw nothing+ out of stock lol
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal