Balanced Weapons Vs Balanced Maps

#21shadowsofdawnPosted 2/1/2013 8:17:07 AM
cheezedadada posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
Weapon balance, easy choice.

Example: WaW. Maps were large, well suited for sniping and long range combat. MP40 still practically broke the game it was so OP.

That supports my theory though. If everyone was using the MP40, that just affected the amount of variety but did not give anyone an advantage. Now if everyone was using the MP40 while being spawned right in front of someone, that would lead to their instant demise.

The key word here is balance...not variety.

I....don't agree even a tiny bit. But I don't care enough to argue since you seem quite fired up about the subject.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#22cheezedadadaPosted 2/1/2013 8:37:06 AM(edited)
shadowsofdawn posted...
cheezedadada posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
Weapon balance, easy choice.

Example: WaW. Maps were large, well suited for sniping and long range combat. MP40 still practically broke the game it was so OP.

That supports my theory though. If everyone was using the MP40, that just affected the amount of variety but did not give anyone an advantage. Now if everyone was using the MP40 while being spawned right in front of someone, that would lead to their instant demise.

The key word here is balance...not variety.

I....don't agree even a tiny bit. But I don't care enough to argue since you seem quite fired up about the subject.

Whats the point of a vs thread without debating? Thats the whole point of this thread and I am doing just that. There are some other game boards where people have fun arguing their points, this is just boring. Oh well.

Me: "If everyone has the same gun, there is no advantage"
Other guy: "I ...dont agree"
*Other guy puts on helmet and leaves on short bus*
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow