you have to go out of your way to not get at least 2 captures in domination

#1EvelSaiyanPosted 2/1/2013 10:12:33 AM
But somehow I was in a game this morning where a guy went 43-23 with zero captures. He played the entire map, and you start out twice during the game with a flag directly in front of you. To make it worse, we lost the game, so it's not even like you could argue he effectively covered the flags and kept the other team pinned down.

It just drives me insane how people choose to play domination but don't bother EVER going for the flags.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#2cheezedadadaPosted 2/1/2013 10:15:00 AM
I make sure to only play with friends because of this. I played on a team of randoms 2 days ago and THREE people had 0 captures. I had 16. I assume they only use domination as a way to farm kills, but most of the time they suck at that too. I never understood it.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#3duericPosted 2/1/2013 10:15:18 AM
I'm not even gunna lie, sometimes I'm that guy.

I mean, every good team has to have at least one guy who just kills everybody. That's the role I'm best at.

If the 5 other guys can't get flags while I'm giving them support with UAVs and s*** all game, you can't lay that all on me.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4QualiTPosted 2/1/2013 10:20:06 AM
I never cap the starting A or C flag unless im 50 points off a streak.

Its generally a better tactic to rush B as thats the flag that actually decides the game.
I just facepalm when I see my teammates all cap the starting flag... only needs 1 guy to cap it and the other 5 can actually cap the flag that matters whilst the other team is all standing on there precious useless flag.

Put on extreme conditioning, lightweight, tact insert, head for B,
plant insert, switch to flak jacket class (just ncase you die),
cap B
defend from afar with a Target finder LMG,
?????
sucessful win.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#5gunho7Posted 2/1/2013 10:32:27 AM
I just ignore the home flag and usually do a starting rush. 50 points is not worth it I would rather have the jump on the enemies.
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#6Bigmac909Posted 2/1/2013 10:40:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Bigmac909Posted 2/1/2013 10:41:06 AM
I've occasionally been part of the problem, where I forget that it's Domination because I'm too focused on kills. But that never persists even throughout one game, because eventually as I'm going around I see the damn flag, unoccupied, and I try to capture it. I still average like at least 8 caps per game.

You need to be not only kill-oriented, but KD obsessed to not get caps in Dom.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#8duericPosted 2/1/2013 10:45:46 AM
Bigmac909 posted...
I've occasionally been part of the problem, where I forget that it's Domination because I'm too focused on kills. But that never persists even throughout one game, because eventually as I'm going around I see the damn flag, unoccupied, and I try to capture it. I still average like at least 8 caps per game.

I'm not KD obsessed, I'm streak obsessed. Streaks are difference makers.

Can't cap B alone, so I might as well do the next best thing.

The first round is generally a throw away anyway. Nothing like starting round 2 on the good side with 3 streaks to ensure B.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9pdt149Posted 2/1/2013 10:50:28 AM
dueric posted...
Bigmac909 posted...

The first round is generally a throw away anyway. Nothing like starting round 2 on the good side with 3 streaks to ensure B.

Says who?
---
GT: OMG MOJO
#10duericPosted 2/1/2013 10:53:54 AM(edited)
pdt149 posted...
dueric posted...
Bigmac909 posted...

Says who?

Yeah, I get it. You know what I mean.

If it were that easy, topics like this wouldn't exist.
---