I ****ing hate splitscreeners.

#91TeraPatrick2008Posted 2/1/2013 2:53:26 PM
I hate splitscreenhaters!
#92Fou LuPosted 2/1/2013 2:54:53 PM
I say the same thing about people that use voice chat. Every time I play a game where someone uses voice chat, they always end up with the worst scores possible and actually hurt the team. That's what happens when you focus on talking instead of playing a game.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#93EvelSaiyanPosted 2/1/2013 2:57:41 PM
When I play splitscreen with my brother we usually do pretty well. We pull up chairs pretty close to the tv so we can see it well enough. We each do way better without splitscreen, but typically we're at least better than 1.00
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#94ruldoph_cloudPosted 2/1/2013 3:14:19 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait.

Not only now are more games leaving out split-screen, but there our actual gamers against it?

I mean, I'd choose split-screen play over online any day of the week, because I actually want to play my multi-player game with a friend or two. And if I can take them online with me, even better.

But now the fact of winning every single computer game (COMPUTER GAME) is more important, to the degree that you would ridicule those who just want to play with the friends in the same room?

... You've done it. You guys have done it. I'm done

Done with message boards... done with GameFAQS... I'm..... I'm going outside.

...... Thank you.
#95advancewarsnutPosted 2/1/2013 3:22:39 PM
Disclaimer: I participate in splitscreening. Sometimes I'm the guest on my suitemate's PS3. Other times he's the guest on my Wii U.

This is more of a Wii U-specific thing, but splitscreeners are kind of fun there. Either one of them is packing a Wiimote, meaning one less aimbot aim assister in the lobby (it's even more like an aimbot on Wii U...), or they decided to be an idiot and shell out 30 bucks for a controller that's supported by all of two games (Pro Controller). The nice thing about the U Pad is that if the person using the pad is the guest, then the main player keeps their whole screen. Because I have friends who aren't complete social rejects like half the people on GFaqs, we actually play better this way because we're used to verbal communication with the people sitting next to us, and because we're decent solo players (1.5 KD/300-ish SPM from 95% TDM 5% Hardpoint on my end, 2 KD/400-ish SPM from an even spread of pretty much every non-HC/SND mode on my suitemate's end), we tend to place right in the middle of the lobbies with the occasional blowout where we both lead the lobby.

But that's on Wii U. On his PS3 I always go horribly negative because even with aim assist I can't use dual analog to save my life (I main a Wiimote) and he tends to pull 1-1.5 KD games when I'm guesting, so after the Wii U happened we decided that the Wii U was our multiplayer system and the PS3 our Spec Ops/Zombies system.

(Seriously though. In co-op Spec Ops I was a big help in getting him all 48 stars from the on-disk missions from MW3 [would've done MW2's as well but BO2 came out before we got done with it] but I still can't even go flat in multiplayer. T_T)

On the topic of terribad splitscreeners, yeah they're annoying. After one or two rounds in a lobby you can usually tell which team is going to win before the game starts just by seeing who got the splitscreeners. If I wind up with them on my team in TDM, I'll follow them around for a bit at first. If they camp, I give away their position then go somewhere else. If they rush, I use them as bait. More often than not the team loses by a landslide but I usually come out with a 1.5-2 KD game and top of the team, so I'm happy.

(On the other hand, winding up with them in Hardpoint results in a ragequit unless I'm feeling ballsy. In that case, what usually happens is the team loses horribly and I go negative trying to play the objective but still outscore half the enemy team.)

Splitscreeners are really a mixed bag. I haven't seen a single case of good splitscreeners on PS3, ever, but on Wii U they sometimes actually do pretty decently instead of ruining any hope their team has of winning.
---
You know, in Japanese, the Wii 2 would be called the Wii Nii... -NikP1
#96GusTA2010Posted 2/1/2013 3:22:45 PM
ruldoph_cloud posted...
Wait wait wait wait wait.

Not only now are more games leaving out split-screen, but there our actual gamers against it?

I mean, I'd choose split-screen play over online any day of the week, because I actually want to play my multi-player game with a friend or two. And if I can take them online with me, even better.

But now the fact of winning every single computer game (COMPUTER GAME) is more important, to the degree that you would ridicule those who just want to play with the friends in the same room?

... You've done it. You guys have done it. I'm done

Done with message boards... done with GameFAQS... I'm..... I'm going outside.

...... Thank you.

haha, so much this. I don't understand why everyone hates the idea of split screening so much, I swear not long ago people were lamenting the way it was getting slowly left behind. The day split screen gets removed from COD is the day I stop playing.
#97pafbonkPosted 2/1/2013 3:25:14 PM
I'm sorry for being the noob here, but what is a splitscreener?
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#98KuyaJSPosted 2/1/2013 3:35:38 PM
Man calm down, it's just a game, let them have their fun. I let my friends play splitscreen online on my account to mess around all the time. Take the loss and deal with it.
---
You mad?
#99KuyaJSPosted 2/1/2013 3:39:12 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
TJSpyke posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
Just lost a ground war TDM game 100-95, why?

The ****ing splitscreeners that went a combined -45. They literally had like 4 kills between the two of them.

Why the hell are we forced to play with these people? There should have been an option a long time ago to not matchmake with them.

LOL, you are just bitter that you suck at the game. A good player would have won. You don't like it? Tough. They bought the game too and have the right to do it, so don't complain because you suck.

I fail to see how anyone could be more stupid than you, right now.

Take a look in the mirror then. Jesus Christ you kids are so dumb. Stop getting so worked up over videogames and how other people want to play the game. To whoever said hurrrr durrr COD is srs business. No, it's a game, a loss is a loss. Get over it.
---
You mad?
#100ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:42:11 PM
KuyaJS posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
TJSpyke posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
Just lost a ground war TDM game 100-95, why?

The ****ing splitscreeners that went a combined -45. They literally had like 4 kills between the two of them.

Why the hell are we forced to play with these people? There should have been an option a long time ago to not matchmake with them.

LOL, you are just bitter that you suck at the game. A good player would have won. You don't like it? Tough. They bought the game too and have the right to do it, so don't complain because you suck.

I fail to see how anyone could be more stupid than you, right now.

Take a look in the mirror then. Jesus Christ you kids are so dumb. Stop getting so worked up over videogames and how other people want to play the game. To whoever said hurrrr durrr COD is srs business. No, it's a game, a loss is a loss. Get over it.

All your post accomplished is getting on an ignore list.
---
jekin dixterd > rotchiten clunk