My theory about the broken camera issue

#1Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/1/2013 11:21:10 AM
Here's the video that shows what the issue is for those that don't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyojLjUh5Q

We all know how the community hated checking their corners and using the uav. This lead to complaint after complaint about how everyone camps in corners and whatnot.

So they made ghost only work if you were moving (fair enough).

But this camera thing seems to be in place so that even if there's not a UAV up, you can see that guy sitting in the corner ADSing before he sees you.

This is what leads to BS moments where the UAV shows an enemy coming your way so you wait for them but they kill you before you can press RT (or R1 on ps3).

So what I'm saying is that to me, the camera issue seems like an intentional strategy (although a poor one) to reduce those complaints of "oh he's camping!!" and essentially force that blind rushing style of gameplay down people's throats.
#2duericPosted 2/1/2013 11:23:17 AM
Try it on your Xbox and see if you can replicate it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3BrockObamaPosted 2/1/2013 11:23:24 AM
I thought about that idea too, but I just don't think that's a concept that Treyarch would implement without letting the community know.

I think it's just an unintentional design flaw, and one that Treyarch doesn't seem to care enough to do something about.
#4Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:29:49 AM
I only have 1 XBOX360 controller so I can't try it.
#5Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:31:52 AM
BrockObama posted...
I thought about that idea too, but I just don't think that's a concept that Treyarch would implement without letting the community know.

I think it's just an unintentional design flaw, and one that Treyarch doesn't seem to care enough to do something about.

If they were to implement something like this AND let the community know about it, then I'm sure plenty of people would just say f*** this game and sell it.
#6duericPosted 2/1/2013 11:32:43 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...

Would you take my word for it if I said when I tried it, it worked fine? No out of sync camera.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7SlippyedPosted 2/1/2013 11:33:26 AM
You're giving 3arch way to much credit. You really think they're smart enough to put in a system like that why the netcode is held together by duck tape and prayer?
#8Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:38:51 AM
dueric posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...

Would you take my word for it if I said when I tried it, it worked fine? No out of sync camera.

Sighs...so you're saying this is just a load of crap. I could have sworn we had this same argument about lag comp too. You said it was BS but now it appears that you've changed your mind about it: (quote from the topic regarding lag comp)

dueric posted...
Generally, lag comp is a technique used to try and "even the playing field" regarding connection disparity. It's a way to close the gap between the best connection and the worst connection in any given lobby.

Regarding Blops 2 specifically? No idea. The only thing I know for sure is whatever they're doing, it sucks.

I've had this happen countless times and have seen this in theatre mode for myself. Whether or not it's an issue isn't up for debate and I'm not willing to waste time arguing about it.

You can dismiss it as BS if you choose to do so.
#9Bigmac909Posted 2/1/2013 11:40:12 AM
Very interesting, but I'm having a really hard time believing that it's that bad (on 360 at least).
I'm pretty sure somebody would have noticed this a long time ago if it were this severe. This video is implying that people are dying without having any clue where there attacker(s) was/were. If this IS for real, then I'm pretty sure it would be in all of the others too, which could be why nobody noticed it.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#10Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/1/2013 11:46:19 AM
I can believe this. I knew that lag compensation didn't sound completely right to me when people with bad connections never always received benefits and sometimes, people with good connections could receive the compensation benefit.

All I can say is that perhaps cameras don't always bug consistently. Perhaps there are times when the camera works as intended, making it seem like those who's camera isn't, is getting compensated on. To get consistent data, we'd have to replicate this around 5 times per private match, and repeat that process around 50 times. (because cameras usually bug for whole matches, so re-creating a match is ideal instead of doing this 100 times in a single private match)
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~