Mandatory FAL vs SMR topic: Why do you still use post-patch FAL over SMR

#1NoodleStudPosted 2/2/2013 1:34:29 AM
to those that use the nerfed post-patch select fire FAL, which has more recoil than the SMR so it's harder to get long shots, over the select fire SMR?
#2__redxiii__Posted 2/2/2013 1:36:10 AM
SMR is better. I'm not going to sit here and argue. I have both gold so yea, I know what's up.
#3TheSaintGPosted 2/2/2013 1:40:12 AM
i dont main eithe but using both i can tell you why people use the fal over the smr

its strictly because of the higher rate of fire. remember it has a lower time to kill everywhere outside of long range. it is easier to spam in close range AND with a modded controller it has next to no recoil in "full auto"
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#4HitokiriFelixPosted 2/2/2013 1:40:53 AM
Cause I'm not stupid enough to waste a point on SF.
It really seems like at the start of the game you heard a lot of "SF is silly: semi-auto firecap is higher than auto firerate." But now that SF on FAL has been nerfed, the gun is practically synonymous with Select Fire. How weird.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#5TheSaintGPosted 2/2/2013 1:50:22 AM
HitokiriFelix posted...
Cause I'm not stupid enough to waste a point on SF.
It really seems like at the start of the game you heard a lot of "SF is silly: semi-auto firecap is higher than auto firerate." But now that SF on FAL has been nerfed, the gun is practically synonymous with Select Fire. How weird.

definitely this^ too

you dont have to use it with SF but everyone thinks you do and forget that it only takes two freakin shots to kill majority of the time
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#6ralalooloo11Posted 2/2/2013 1:50:28 AM
recoil is manageable
higher rof
larger mag/faster reload = nice as well
#7GreatKiraLordPosted 2/2/2013 2:33:08 AM
ralalooloo11 posted...
recoil is manageable
higher rof
larger mag/faster reload = nice as well

this.
it's just better in close to medium range
smr is better in long range but the fal can still do long range well
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/2/2013 4:23:58 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii?search=SMR
#9chessmyantidrugPosted 2/2/2013 4:43:07 AM
Getting weapons gold doesn't really mean anything other than you got 100 headshots and then another 150+ kills afterward. The SMR is still inferior because of its recoil and fire rate. Even with the increased recoil, the FAL OSW is the superior weapon.
#10NoodleStud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:24:42 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
Getting weapons gold doesn't really mean anything other than you got 100 headshots and then another 150+ kills afterward. The SMR is still inferior because of its recoil and fire rate. Even with the increased recoil, the FAL OSW is the superior weapon.

except for the fact that SMR has less recoil than the FAL in full auto mode