Knifing was never OP

#1HaahahahaPosted 2/2/2013 6:22:43 AM
Does 3arc have statistics saying knifing was used excessively?
I wa playing MW2 today my 2nd fave cod next to black ops and I dont use commando but I do get killed by theyeleportation alot. Big deal.... Its just a game I dont need an apachi today Ill get one tomorrow.

We need a new melee method instead of seeing how muc air you can cut in blops2 before you die. Or dancing in circles when you dont wanna reload. I wouldnt mind swinging the remmy upside someone's head.

Knifing just needs a perk to make it usable that way people make a sacriice for knife kills. Knifing is a cod staple that is really enjoyable dont kill it just because your gun failed 2/10 times
---
SoulSilverFC~ 4126 3793 3849
#2KabtheMentatPosted 2/2/2013 6:27:39 AM
It wasn't overpowered, it's just the way it was implemented. Teleporting 15 feet and still not hitting the guy dead on, but killing him anyway was bull ****.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#3Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 6:29:11 AM
Really it was just the lunge.... (which you can still do with the combat/tac/ballistic knives).
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#4zerooo0Posted 2/2/2013 6:34:15 AM
It never was really. Sure the lounge could be OP in like MW2, but hey kids will complain about anything.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#5LordofBallyhooPosted 2/2/2013 6:47:59 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
It wasn't overpowered, it's just the way it was implemented. Teleporting 15 feet and still not hitting the guy dead on, but killing him anyway was bull ****.

Some of us never got out-knifed. The only time the lunge was actually problematic was MW2. Black Ops 1 didnt have knifing issues and in MW3 they had already started making it worse. Nothing compared to this though. It's an absolute embarrassment, misses too often even when you are using ballistic/tac/combat knife. Lag comp + the fact that the normal knife doesn't even register a hit until it is already all the way through the animation means the running someone running laterally to you is like trying to shoot someone with an agr while they run laterally to you.
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.
#6RandomTrampPosted 2/2/2013 6:59:09 AM
Knifing was OP if you used tactical layout, surely, otherwise there wouldn't have been so much constant whining about it from dropshotters?

The knife now is so broken they ought to just remove it, unless it's an equipped weapon, and have you hit enemies with the rifle butt instead.
#7Akiba69Posted 2/2/2013 7:04:04 AM
It was over powered in the sense that you could eat a shotgun blast to the face and knife someone, killing them instantly.
The lunge and lock on was horribly over powered. As it is right now, i think it is ok, though i would most definitely prefer to abandon the knife in favor of rifle butting. I miss hitting people with my weapon.
#8slaveanselmoPosted 2/2/2013 7:06:52 AM
I think they should have done it like BF3. Two to the face or one to the back.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.
#9Akiba69Posted 2/2/2013 7:15:47 AM
slaveanselmo posted...
I think they should have done it like BF3. Two to the face or one to the back.

I agree with this.
#10Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/2/2013 7:25:45 AM
I agree knifing wasn't OP. It made perfect sense for an enemy to knife me despite getting hit with my spas-12 in MW2.

Knifing was bulls***.

The maps are small in this game and they only way they could adjust it is by either completely f****** it up like they did OR have it so you have to switch to the knife before attempting to knife.

I would have prefered the latter but w/e. There's bigger f*** ups in this game than the knife IMO.