Knifing was never OP

#11DutchZombiePosted 2/2/2013 9:18:39 AM
I didn't hate knifing in MW2, but the way melee worked in COD4 was fine for me. They should have stuck to that. I also like the BF3 melee, but that's one thing that separates the two franchises.
#12SergioMach5Posted 2/2/2013 9:26:02 AM
MW2 tac knife with commando was one of the major pains, and was OP when you teleport through shotgun shots to kill them
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#13DutchZombiePosted 2/2/2013 9:30:26 AM
SergioMach5 posted...
MW2 tac knife with commando was one of the major pains, and was OP when you teleport through shotgun shots to kill them

That only happens when you're lagging. Lag is always OP. The knifing itself was fine.
#14achimedPosted 2/2/2013 9:32:51 AM
Knifing was never OP.

For me. Seriously, I not once managed to knife a suspecting enemy, and an enemy never managed to knife a suspecting me. This is probably because when I'm in CQC, I, you know, BACK OFF, making it harder for them to hit me and impossible to knife me as I spray them down with hipfire or just toss a tactical, switch my sniper for my pistol, and kill them that way.

Sorry, guys. I agree with TC 100%.
---
It tickles! It tickles! I knew it, it tickles!
#15PvtPorkSordPosted 2/2/2013 10:00:53 AM
MW2
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
Tac knife
Care package glitch.

So much hate.
#16Haahahaha(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:05:30 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
I agree knifing wasn't OP. It made perfect sense for an enemy to knife me despite getting hit with my spas-12 in MW2.

Knifing was bulls***.

The maps are small in this game and they only way they could adjust it is by either completely f****** it up like they did OR have it so you have to switch to the knife before attempting to knife.

I would have prefered the latter but w/e. There's bigger f*** ups in this game than the knife IMO.

The timing of anything in mw2 was a bit off. You fire a shot wait half a second ad then it kills. Commando makes you sacrifice other perks. It wouldnt be fair if you chose commando and you died inches away from a knife kill. In mw2 the maps r huge and you hve a gun. If you dont want to get knifed keep it long range then. Other than that stay out of cqc because some people like commando and use it with every right.

Same should be done in latter coD games
---
SoulSilverFC~ 4126 3793 3849
#17Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/2/2013 11:25:47 AM
Knifing is perfect the way it is in BO2. Melee should never, ever beat shooting in a FPS game, unless you have to give something up, like making it an attachment. Knifing before was better than shooting in CQC.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#18fatclemenzaPosted 2/2/2013 11:29:04 AM
Knifing is perfect the way it is in BO2. Melee should never, ever beat shooting in a FPS game, unless you have to give something up, like making it an attachment. Knifing before was better than shooting in CQC.

this
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#19Bonezy_BPosted 2/2/2013 11:29:35 AM
lol knifing isn't overpowered yet i can shoot the **** out of you and you can panic knife miss me and i die... right, seems overpowered to me, or we could try this in the world would you bring a knife to a gun fight? or bring a gun to a gun fight? i bet you would bring a gun if you had a choice! it's ****ing overpowered!
#20KabtheMentatPosted 2/2/2013 11:32:12 AM
slaveanselmo posted...
I think they should have done it like BF3. Two to the face or one to the back.

I agree with this.

The problem with that is BF3 is a fairly slow paced game compared to BO2.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.