Knifing was never OP

#21Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/4/2013 10:08:13 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
I think they should have done it like BF3. Two to the face or one to the back.

I agree with this.

The problem with that is BF3 is a fairly slow paced game compared to BO2.

Depends on the map and game mode. But really, you can dictate the pace depending on how you play.

I find many people try getting around the maps on foot. That's a huge mistake.

It's a realistic fast pace IMO. This is just twitch paced.

And if anyone thinks that OP metro conquest wasn't fast paced, then BF3 isn't for them IMO. (Not saying you feel this way, just speaking generally).
#22nooGaniPosted 2/4/2013 10:18:24 AM
My biggest problem is that this is a change to the entire melee system, not just knifing. Have you tried using the assault shield? Don't, it's complete garbage. That that's just trying to beat someone down, I've seen people knife straight though the shield. The entire melee system needs to be reworked and anyone who thinks it's "okay" clearly has no idea what they're talking about.
#23snicklecuckPosted 2/4/2013 10:25:27 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
Knifing is perfect the way it is in BO2. Melee should never, ever beat shooting in a FPS game, unless you have to give something up, like making it an attachment. Knifing before was better than shooting in CQC.

This. The knife is balanced for the first time since MW2.
#24TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 2/4/2013 10:29:24 AM
Knifing is perfect the way it is in BO2. Melee should never, ever beat shooting in a FPS game, unless you have to give something up, like making it an attachment. Knifing before was better than shooting in CQC.

I lost count as to how many times I missed enemies who weren't even moving or just moved very slightly when I went for my gold combat knife. Broken, as in "not working," isn't what I call perfect. Maybe you prefer it the way it is now, but it definitely isn't perfect. As someone else already said, CoD4 and BO1 had knives that worked like they should.

Next I suppose you're gonna tell us this game's netcode is perfect too...since your standards seem to be so low.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#25TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 2/4/2013 10:31:41 AM
Bonezy_B posted...
lol knifing isn't overpowered yet i can shoot the **** out of you and you can panic knife miss me and i die... right, seems overpowered to me, or we could try this in the world would you bring a knife to a gun fight? or bring a gun to a gun fight? i bet you would bring a gun if you had a choice! it's ****ing overpowered!

Don't bring realism into a game that gives everyone Wolverine's healing powers.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#26kcchiefsfan1982Posted 2/4/2013 10:41:22 AM
fatclemenza posted...

this

this....again
#27Juzten76Posted 2/4/2013 10:58:38 AM

But why do I miss so much when I'm right behind a sniper that's looking out the window? I have ran up to the back of a sniper and had to press the button 3 times before making contact. This could be a lag issue though. I'm not looking for drastic changes to the knife, but something just feels off with it.
#28chessmyantidrugPosted 2/4/2013 11:01:33 AM
Why are people acting like two to the front and one to the back was Battlefield's idea? I'm pretty sure Halo came out before Battlefield and it's been like that through the entirety of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if a FPS used the same thing before Halo. The prevailing argument against implementing that in Call of Duty is the faster pace.

I personally don't have a problem with knifing being a one-hit kill. The problem in past titles was always the range. I'm not saying I'm innocent of panic knifing. If I ran into someone while turning a corner, it was always easier for me to press in the right analog stick than maneuver and fire from the hip. At least half of those kills probably shouldn't have happened because I whiffed on the knife attempt, but Call of Duty has always been so forgiving that they could almost be behind you and you could still knife them.

I like what they've done with knifing in Black Ops 2. While you're holding a weapon, it has the range it always should have had; while you're holding a combat knife, ballistic knife or tactical knife the lunge is still there.

I wouldn't mind seeing a buttstroke replace knifing in future titles, at least with assault rifles and shotguns, perhaps sniper rifles too.
#29Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/4/2013 11:09:20 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
Why are people acting like two to the front and one to the back was Battlefield's idea? I'm pretty sure Halo came out before Battlefield and it's been like that through the entirety of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if a FPS used the same thing before Halo. The prevailing argument against implementing that in Call of Duty is the faster pace.

I personally don't have a problem with knifing being a one-hit kill. The problem in past titles was always the range. I'm not saying I'm innocent of panic knifing. If I ran into someone while turning a corner, it was always easier for me to press in the right analog stick than maneuver and fire from the hip. At least half of those kills probably shouldn't have happened because I whiffed on the knife attempt, but Call of Duty has always been so forgiving that they could almost be behind you and you could still knife them.

I like what they've done with knifing in Black Ops 2. While you're holding a weapon, it has the range it always should have had; while you're holding a combat knife, ballistic knife or tactical knife the lunge is still there.

I wouldn't mind seeing a buttstroke replace knifing in future titles, at least with assault rifles and shotguns, perhaps sniper rifles too.

I don't think many people care whose idea it was. They just agree that it should be in this game as well.
#30cbc72Posted 2/4/2013 11:16:56 AM
No
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6