Thoughts on post-patch M1216?

#1Aether_LyricPosted 2/2/2013 7:59:02 AM
Haven't seen much talk about it amongst all the other buffs. I just got 11 one hit kills with it on Hijacked and then 10 on Overflow... definitely has not happened before.

Is it a coincidence or is it really that much better?
#2Akiba69Posted 2/2/2013 8:05:30 AM
I don't even want to waste an unlock token on it.
#3Gunther482Posted 2/2/2013 8:07:20 AM
I just started using it a couple days ago and was doing well with it. I think the close range damage was buffed if I remember right.
#4DarkLeemerPosted 2/2/2013 8:48:07 AM
It's my most used gun now so I can definitely say it's gotten better since the buff. Lots more consistent kills. Still the worst statistically but the most fun IMO. Love the colorful comments that you hear afterward. I know most people say shotguns are a noob crutch and while it most often is the case, I do very well with it and often top the leaderboards with it so not all shotgunners are bad.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#5SideStrafePosted 2/2/2013 8:51:10 AM
It's still pretty much pointless. To guarantee the kill you need to spam all 4 shots in a tube, then prime the next tube.

Why do that when you can use the 870 or KSG and just OHK people?
---
"I don't know what to do when she cries. The best I can do is punch anyone who makes her cry."
#6WOT BSPosted 2/2/2013 9:04:04 AM
i finally finished the 1 shot kills on the saiga and used my perm unlock token on it because i was 40 and hadn't even used it yet. but what a mistake. anyone thats able to get that gold has got my respect
---
GT: Extract Hz
#7highwindmtPosted 2/2/2013 9:39:23 AM
Shotguns are not noob weapons. I hate it when people say that. IMO, if you are using a shotgun you have to play much smarter than everybody else.

On topic, yeah the M1216 is better, but I wouldnt say its on the 870s level. It was a good gun before, now its just a bit better. Even so, nobody is going to use it so the patch really doesnt matter unless you are going for diamond.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#8VucoPosted 2/2/2013 9:43:27 AM
When golding the shotguns, I struggled a bit at first with it. After a couple of matches I got used to it and it actually became my favorite shotgun.

I haven't used any shotgun since I got diamond though, I didn't even know it got a buff so now I'll start using it again and see how it does. I'll take it to my top 1 top kills and then focus on golding ARs and SMGs again.
---
GT: Cx Vuco
#9LordofBallyhooPosted 2/2/2013 10:15:53 AM
Hey, give it time: gun is excellent and at point blank range the four fast rounds can save your life when getting rushed down by two enemies. Pop one the first and spam the next three. If it sounds unlikely then keep using it. You begin to understand the potential of a gun when you play to its strengths. Shotguns have always been this way, and poor shotgunners are usually the ones who try to use every shotgun the same way or at least think other shotguns are unusable since they don't have the same immediate results. Most AR and SMG's play very similarly (even most snipers are used the same way throughout the series) but if they've done anything right the past two installments, it is making shotguns an interestingly fun mechanic (thought the mw3 system with unlocks was actually phenomenal for shotties).
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.
#10F_H_NukemPosted 2/2/2013 10:33:22 AM
WOT BS posted...
i finally finished the 1 shot kills on the saiga and used my perm unlock token on it because i was 40 and hadn't even used it yet. but what a mistake. anyone thats able to get that gold has got my respect

i got a VSAT with the M1216

i only have like 3 bloodthirstys and like 2 revenge kills left

after im done with my pistols, i figure i can gold it in a game or 2

M1216 master race!
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12