Suprised nobody complains about pistols

#1RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/2/2013 9:26:59 AM
Seems a bit odd a hand pistol can kill you faster than a SMG. imo a Pistol is a backup weapon in the event your main runs out of ammo in a gun fight. It should be a gun that is very weak.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#2RaccoonKylePosted 2/2/2013 9:35:01 AM
So in the event your main weapon is out of ammo, you should have a weak gun that can't defend you until you get a new one?
---
Currently playing: Diablo 3, Dragon's Dogma, Pokemon White
#3parkourboybryanPosted 2/2/2013 9:35:59 AM
And they're balanced by low ammo capacity. Tradeoffs abundant.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#4SideStrafePosted 2/2/2013 9:36:36 AM
Pistols are supposed to be good in this game. Treyarch built the pick-10 system specifically so you could do something like pistols only if you wanted. The pick-10 system would be moot if secondaries were terrible.
---
"I don't know what to do when she cries. The best I can do is punch anyone who makes her cry."
#5F_H_NukemPosted 2/2/2013 9:38:05 AM
i only have ronin and skulls to get for my TAC.45 and 57 to get dat diamond

TAC 45 has my fav emblem placement

inb4dario'sTAC45love
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#6DarkLeemerPosted 2/2/2013 9:38:53 AM
Would you prefer they were less lethal than a yellow snowball? I love pistol classes. They are good but certainly not OP or you would see a lot more of them. I think I get killed maybe once in a game with a pistol at most, if ever.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#7KabtheMentatPosted 2/2/2013 9:39:50 AM(edited)
Pick 10 system now means that you can run basically any kind of class you want. Instead of having ****** secondaries like most CoDs (not MW2 though) almost all weapons are viable.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#8Kovalchuk_Posted 2/2/2013 9:40:26 AM
try playing a game pistol only and SMG only and then tell me which is better.
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
#9Faust_8Posted 2/2/2013 9:41:34 AM
Yes, pistols can kill with two bullets whereas most guns can't, but since they have poor range and tiny magazines they don't trump primary weapons.

They can win engagements but in the long run they're best as secondary weapons.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#10highwindmtPosted 2/2/2013 9:46:54 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Yes, pistols can kill with two bullets whereas most guns can't, but since they have poor range and tiny magazines they don't trump primary weapons.

They can win engagements but in the long run they're best as secondary weapons.

They also have no aim assist. Really, there is no need to complain about the pistols. Besides damage output, they are at a disadvantage in literally every other category.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr