Call of Duty Championship (CoD XP 2013) coming April 5th-7th

#1fatclemenzaPosted 2/2/2013 10:15:08 AM
Full details here: https://elite.callofduty.com/esports/championship

Some interesting points

-1,000,000 dollars at stake, 400,000 for the 1st place team.
-Top 8 League Play teams, as well as top 8 teams from MLG Dallas get automatic entry. A GFAQs League Play team should make a push for a slot :)
-Age 18 or older as of right now. That excludes a lot of top players, including Scump
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#2LordofBallyhooPosted 2/2/2013 10:22:17 AM
Really think anybody here could go for this? Not to say I'm dismissing the notion, but I don't see the same names I used to on the boards. A lot of green guys.
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.
#3JVel91Posted 2/2/2013 10:24:35 AM
I saw foreplayys video on it.

Lets no life league play and try to get at that 1 mil.
---
EMS
#4GreatKiraLordPosted 2/2/2013 10:27:32 AM
It's just going to be the pro cod kids that win this.
#5fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:44:57 AM
Really think anybody here could go for this? Not to say I'm dismissing the notion, but I don't see the same names I used to on the boards. A lot of green guys.

I think top 8 League would be feasible. The competition there doesn't seem very tough from what I've seen in various videos. A team of 4 would probably clean up if they got matched against enough randoms who aren't even grouped
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#6blackweasel30Posted 2/2/2013 10:51:16 AM
Who would be on the team?
---
Created by vT_Paroxysm AKA Wivode: http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztaxag.png
Come visit my board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/566160-
#7supercoolrubenPosted 2/2/2013 10:54:30 AM
supercoolruben standing by
#8BaseballtitanPosted 2/2/2013 10:55:03 AM
blackweasel30 posted...
Who would be on the team?

uhh probably joel, zach, chauv, and jvel / munch
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#9supercoolrubenPosted 2/2/2013 10:58:31 AM
Yeah I have next to zero competitive experience so I'd need 1-2 people to teach me their ways.
#10LordofBallyhooPosted 2/2/2013 10:59:15 AM
fatclemenza posted...

I think top 8 League would be feasible. The competition there doesn't seem very tough from what I've seen in various videos. A team of 4 would probably clean up if they got matched against enough randoms who aren't even grouped

League has more bad players than good; a number of decent players flock there because of the chance to kill bad players who are ranked too high. I like the idea, and yes it's possible, but what would we do? Do we have enough players here to get together two solid teams? Or would we just be running an "elite 6"? There are a couple things about league play I'm still unimformed about, especially the top of the leaderboards.
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.