ITT: I make the best BO2 weapon tier list. Feel free to try to prove me wrong.

#321NoodleStudPosted 2/7/2013 6:07:57 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
youNmeGirl posted...
good to hear that you think the FAL is #1 now.
i know most pros HATE the fal being used in their scrims and it's often looked as really cheap to use it with or without the select fire. However, in groundwars, I think m8 sucks and FAL is meh and the AN-94 is the best of the 3. groundwar is just too fast paced.

SWAT MASTERRACE

Really?
WHy the hell would you do that for competitive gaming?
As long as it's legal, there's nothing wrong with going with the best there is.

It's just like using drugs that aren't illegal but sketchy in real sports.
It's just a gun combo or just the gun that's legal but considered cheap by the pros.
#322FunKeeJPosted 2/8/2013 2:05:17 AM
GreatKiraLord posted...
youNmeGirl posted...
good to hear that you think the FAL is #1 now.
i know most pros HATE the fal being used in their scrims and it's often looked as really cheap to use it with or without the select fire. However, in groundwars, I think m8 sucks and FAL is meh and the AN-94 is the best of the 3. groundwar is just too fast paced.

SWAT MASTERRACE

Really?
WHy the hell would you do that for competitive gaming?
As long as it's legal, there's nothing wrong with going with the best there is.

It's just considered cheap, with or without the select fire.
That's why Quantic and Fariko's Parasyte are ridiculed sometimes since they use the FAL.
It's pretty much an unspoken rule to not use it, unless you want to look like a b****.
FAL is widely considered to be OP by the pros.
I'm liking the new list more with the FAL at top.
---
PSN: FunKeeJ
#323supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:28:47 AM
Bump
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#324TecmoB0Posted 2/8/2013 9:29:47 AM
Didnt everyone use the famas in bo1 for competitive play? What's with the moral stance now?
---
Souvlaki space station
#325ManTigerPosted 2/8/2013 9:34:52 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Oh no, the SMG list belongs to TC. I debated with him about MSMC vs PDW but in the end I agree with MSMC on top. The AR list he adopted was mine, which I posted in post #205.

New AR List:

1) FAL
2) AN-94
3) M8A1
4) M-TAR
5. SMR
6. Swat-556
7. SCAR-H
8. Type 25
9. M27

The FAL being at the top is something a huge portion of the community, including majority of the pros, agree with. The only reason why you don't see much FAL with or without select fire in scrims and MLG matches is because it's taboo to use it. When some pro decides to use it, the other team starts to accuse him of exploitation (I've seen this happen a lot amongst the top-tier teams).

Now, onto the T25 and SCAR-H. Personally, I am having a hard time ranking these two. They are both equally terrible, relatively speaking of course. The SCAR-H looks good on the paper as long as you can control that recoil. But my gobbly goodness, that recoil is so damn hard to control. T25...juts feels like a SMG that fails to act like a SMG. And it certainly is horrendous anywhere beyond close to close/med range. I was wondering what the ideas are behind ranking these two.
#326whatupeveryonehPosted 2/8/2013 9:38:55 AM
TecmoB0 posted...
Didnt everyone use the famas in bo1 for competitive play? What's with the moral stance now?

Don't know.
FeaR Moho wanted to use the select fire FAL when he heard it was legal in league.
But then Sharpy told him to not be a souless douchebag.
Also, Quantic is one of the few teams that like to whip it out when they are in trouble and this gets the opponents really annoyed quite often.
Personally, I don't see the point of not using it either when it's legal...esp when there's a million dollars as a reward in the end. Moral in gameplays...makes no sense.
All of a sudden every MLG COD pros are ridiculous.
I'm not saying they aren't good btw.
#327olijollyPosted 2/8/2013 9:46:46 AM
whatupeveryoneh posted...
TecmoB0 posted...

Don't know.
FeaR Moho wanted to use the select fire FAL when he heard it was legal in league.
But then Sharpy told him to not be a souless douchebag.
Also, Quantic is one of the few teams that like to whip it out when they are in trouble and this gets the opponents really annoyed quite often.
Personally, I don't see the point of not using it either when it's legal...esp when there's a million dollars as a reward in the end. Moral in gameplays...makes no sense.
All of a sudden every MLG COD pros are ridiculous.
I'm not saying they aren't good btw.

Some guy from SoaR used the FAL with the select-fire attachment in a friendly match against some other pro team on standoff and everyone was REALLY going b**** mode on him and complained. So the dude had to stop using it and said "this map is built for headglitching and this gun is for headglitching." It was the weirdest thing since he was just pressured into not using it. As somebody said before, it's just considered taboo to use the FAL.
#328fatclemenzaPosted 2/8/2013 10:05:40 AM
Now, onto the T25 and SCAR-H. Personally, I am having a hard time ranking these two. They are both equally terrible, relatively speaking of course. The SCAR-H looks good on the paper as long as you can control that recoil. But my gobbly goodness, that recoil is so damn hard to control. T25...juts feels like a SMG that fails to act like a SMG. And it certainly is horrendous anywhere beyond close to close/med range. I was wondering what the ideas are behind ranking these two.

You said it yourself with the bold. The SCAR is more of an actual AR that does AR things well. Very long range before dropoff means you'll always have a 3-4 hit kill even with the silencer. The reload is also extremely fast if you YY cancel it. Unfortunately for the SCAR, the AN-94 does pretty much all of this without having substantial recoil.

Now, for the question of "why do the pros frown upon the FAL", I think its because they want more gun diversity in matches to make things interesting. As most are aware, BO1 was FAMAS, FAMAS, FAMAS with a few MP5k's for flag runners. If the FAL was legal, it would the same thing (substitute MSMC for MP5k though). With no FAL, it opens the door for M8A1 vs. AN-94, and MSMC vs. PDW, both choices are great weapons that do specific things better than eachother depending on the situation.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#329ShadowUmbreon42Posted 2/8/2013 10:33:48 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
SMG's:
1. MSMC
2. PDW
3. Skorpion
4. MP7
5. Vector
6. Chicom
7. Peacekeeper

Shotguns:
1. R870
2. KSG
3. S12
4. M1216

AR's:
1. FAL
2. AN-94
3. Swat
4. M8A1
5. SMR
6. MTAR
7. Type 25
8. SCAR
9. M27

Sniper's:
1. XPR-50
2. DSR 50
3. SVU-AS
4. Ballista

LMG's:
1. Mk 48
2. LSAT
3. HAMR
4. QBB LSW

Pistols:
1. B23R
2. Five-seven
3. Tac-45
4. KAP-40
5. Executioner

Ahh, that looks beautiful.

You put the swat above the scar. Unless the swat magically became the type 95 then it's not better.

P.s last time I checked the swat was balls horrible, idk if the patched it enough to be better than the scar.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/VictiniExpert2400 Stupidity drives me so far over the edge when they refuse to use their brain. Well that and being a jerk.
#330GreatKiraLordPosted 2/8/2013 11:04:53 AM
I see no point in diversity in competitive metagame.
But I guess that's not up to me.