ITT: I make the best BO2 weapon tier list. Feel free to try to prove me wrong.

#401GreatKiraLordPosted 2/11/2013 3:54:18 PM
The list looks fine now except for sniper rifles, which I have no idea about since I have not touched a sniper rifle...ever.
#402Telvanni_guardPosted 2/11/2013 7:08:56 PM(edited)
"The M8 fills the SWAT's niche much better, so the SWAT is unfortunately outclassed. The SMR brings something unique to the table, which is why its higher."

I unlocked the M8A1 as my first permanent unlock since I remember thinking: It's a pretty high rating gun and I love burst fires. By the time I hit 10 and used it for a few games, I gave up on it. The thing's pattern spread was wide as hell and it still feels like it always takes two bursts to kill. Unless the buff did something with it as well. Since I've already got it perma, I'll start using it again till I gold it but I swear, the SWAT feels way more consistent at all ranges.

EDIT: It's not as bad as I remember it being but holy crap. This spread pattern is ridiculous. There are times where I am in an up close fight and LOSE because of it. I know the bursts are supposed to lose to those but you should really see the fights I'm talking about.

The 4 burst also feels like it comes out of the gun slower leading me to die from a well timed KSG blast.
After another game, I can definitely say this feels like the case.

It does burst faster to compensate but I'd argue that extended clips would be a perfect choice for this gun else you'll find yourself in some pretty bad gunfights.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#403fatclemenzaPosted 2/11/2013 7:03:22 PM
The SWAT would be a bit more favorable in a lag-free environment, which is nearly never. The M8 is better up close, and more forgiving for follow-up bursts.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#404gameflakPosted 2/11/2013 7:23:46 PM
fatclemenza posted...
The SWAT would be a bit more favorable in a lag-free environment, which is nearly never. The M8 is better up close, and more forgiving for follow-up bursts.

I know a lot of people think this is stupid for some reason, but putting the SF on the SWAT fixes this issue for me.
I like the feel and the irons of the SWAT much better.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#405fatclemenzaPosted 2/11/2013 7:34:34 PM
I know a lot of people think this is stupid for some reason, but putting the SF on the SWAT fixes this issue for me.

Now you move it below the Type 25.
---
#406gameflakPosted 2/11/2013 7:42:09 PM
fatclemenza posted...

Again, I don't understand how making the SWAT stronger in close range makes it worse than the Type, when the SWAT already outranks it.
This doesn't make any sense, and doesn't jive with my experience with the two guns in-game either.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#407supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:43:12 PM
gameflak posted...
fatclemenza posted...

Again, I don't understand how making the SWAT stronger in close range makes it worse than the Type, when the SWAT already outranks it.
This doesn't make any sense, and doesn't jive with my experience with the two guns in-game either.

it drops the damage.

minimum 4 hit kill with select fire.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#408gameflakPosted 2/11/2013 7:49:34 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
gameflak posted...
fatclemenza posted...

it drops the damage.

minimum 4 hit kill with select fire.

Even so, it's much more consistent with a 4hk up close full auto than with the lag/ burst delay combo.
---
#409fatclemenzaPosted 2/11/2013 7:52:24 PM
Even so, it's much more consistent with a 4hk up close full auto than with the lag/ burst delay combo.

Which the Type 25 does without the need for Select Fire. Are we understanding eachother yet?
---
#410whatupeveryonehPosted 2/11/2013 7:54:54 PM
sorry for not being informed but didn't they buff the damage on the swat with or without select fire so that it always 4 shot kills at least?