ITT: I make the best BO2 weapon tier list. Feel free to try to prove me wrong.

#81gameflakPosted 2/2/2013 6:11:12 PM
BrockObana posted...
gameflak posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

AR's:
1. FAL
2. AN-94
3. Swat
4. M8A1
5. SMR
6. MTAR
7. Type 25
8. SCAR
9. M27

LMG's:
1. Mk 48
2. LSAT
3. HAMR
4. QBB LSW

Ahh, that looks beautiful.

I think post patch, I'd put the Swat before the FAL in the ranking in terms of overall usefulness and effectiveness (under the AN94). I'm curious why you put the MTAR under the SMR, and M8 over the MTAR post nerf/buff. In other words, I think my order would be MTAR, M8, SMR, although I suppose I could see it as M8, MTAR, SMR.

As far as the LMG's, I think the HAMR and Mk are the top two in their respective classes, so Mk/ HAMR as a sort of tie, then LSAT and QBB in the #2 and 3 positions respectively.

I strongly disagree with this.
the FAL still is a very verstil weapon that does ecently in close-med range that can also hold ist ground in long range once you get used to the new recoil. the thing about swat is that, it's a tremendous AR in long range but in close-med range, or submed/long ange, it's not as good and it shows greatly against the other matchups (i.e. fal, smr, an-94, etc). It has its niche and it's a very good weapon as of now. But I'd still put the FAL up at the top.
The same argument goes for the SMR. The SMR is a far better weapon in long range than the FAL (a lot more so in the post-patch), but it gets dominated by so many things in close-med range, which this game revolves around. The FAL does extremely well in close range with laser but the SMR still doesn't due to its low ROF (that 50ish rpm makes a huge difference between these two). I agree with this list for the most part, except for the sniper rifle category, which I have no clue on since I never use sniper rifles.

Have you tried the SWAT lately, especially with SF? Even without select fire, I was destroying stuff at medium and closer ranges , and with select fire, OMG. This thing is a beast now. The way I see it is that it has a good 3 hit kill range and is accurate enough for the longer ranges (for burst fire), and medium-shorter ranges the full auto is pretty beastly. I think the only place the FAL competes with it is at the longer ranges since the hipfire nerf, but since most engagements don't occur there, my preference is for the SWAT.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#82Telvanni_guardPosted 2/2/2013 6:32:35 PM
I can't really speak for post patch but I do know that I though the M1216 was an alright shotgun until about midway through the 2nd Prestige when I realized it was Full Auto. The thing has deceptive range thanks to the 4 shot it can put out in less than a second along with the double tap if you catch an unaware opponent. Add that the hold of a trigger makes it a bit easier to use since you don't have to worry about the tapping throwing off your aim and can concentrate on centering. It's a small thing but it does help a surprising amount. I think the click puts a lot of people off of the gun since the S12 doesn't have it, but they should really give it another shot.

Personally, I think the S12's range hurts it a lot even with the 12 shots at disposal though it is a shotgun and it's supposed to be used up close.

If nothing else maybe I can see range comparisons on the two.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#83Lerp85Posted 2/2/2013 6:40:38 PM
See what happens when you make a thread stating facts based on an opinion? No matter the argument against your opinion you have a reason to argue there opinion. Not like some one can sway the way you think, so whats the point?
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#84BrockObanaPosted 2/2/2013 6:41:06 PM
gameflak posted...
BrockObana posted...
gameflak posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

AR's:
1. FAL
2. AN-94
3. Swat
4. M8A1
5. SMR
6. MTAR
7. Type 25
8. SCAR
9. M27

LMG's:
1. Mk 48
2. LSAT
3. HAMR
4. QBB LSW

I think post patch, I'd put the Swat before the FAL in the ranking in terms of overall usefulness and effectiveness (under the AN94). I'm curious why you put the MTAR under the SMR, and M8 over the MTAR post nerf/buff. In other words, I think my order would be MTAR, M8, SMR, although I suppose I could see it as M8, MTAR, SMR.

As far as the LMG's, I think the HAMR and Mk are the top two in their respective classes, so Mk/ HAMR as a sort of tie, then LSAT and QBB in the #2 and 3 positions respectively.

the FAL still is a very verstil weapon that does ecently in close-med range that can also hold ist ground in long range once you get used to the new recoil. the thing about swat is that, it's a tremendous AR in long range but in close-med range, or submed/long ange, it's not as good and it shows greatly against the other matchups (i.e. fal, smr, an-94, etc). It has its niche and it's a very good weapon as of now. But I'd still put the FAL up at the top.
The same argument goes for the SMR. The SMR is a far better weapon in long range than the FAL (a lot more so in the post-patch), but it gets dominated by so many things in close-med range, which this game revolves around. The FAL does extremely well in close range with laser but the SMR still doesn't due to its low ROF (that 50ish rpm makes a huge difference between these two). I agree with this list for the most part, except for the sniper rifle category, which I have no clue on since I never use sniper rifles.

Have you tried the SWAT lately, especially with SF? Even without select fire, I was destroying stuff at medium and closer ranges , and with select fire, OMG. This thing is a beast now. The way I see it is that it has a good 3 hit kill range and is accurate enough for the longer ranges (for burst fire), and medium-shorter ranges the full auto is pretty beastly. I think the only place the FAL competes with it is at the longer ranges since the hipfire nerf, but since most engagements don't occur there, my preference is for the SWAT.

Yes, I have. I would NEVER use the SWAT with SF. SWAT is best used as a burst rifle. It's essentially what M8A1 was at the start of the game. And that's why it's far superior to the M8A1. ALso, SWAT+SF is glitched. And the recoil is horrendous unless you're switching betwen full auto and burst mode.
---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#85wehomiesPosted 2/2/2013 6:45:49 PM
gameflak posted...
BrockObana posted...
gameflak posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

AR's:
1. FAL
2. AN-94
3. Swat
4. M8A1
5. SMR
6. MTAR
7. Type 25
8. SCAR
9. M27

LMG's:
1. Mk 48
2. LSAT
3. HAMR
4. QBB LSW

swat with select fire is glitched
im not even sure if you've used the gun extensively
if youre saying you killed a dude in anything but close range with the full auto swat, youre lying because thats impossible due to the glitch
#86gameflakPosted 2/2/2013 6:48:12 PM(edited)
Actually, it appears the SF glitch has been patched.
Which makes sense, since I was having no problems with it yesterday.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#87SkullgirlsPosted 2/2/2013 6:52:58 PM
Only thing I really disagree with is the Vector being above the Peacekeeper. The Vector hits like absolute ass at range and it sucks even more suppressed. The Peacekeeper is a better overall gun.
---
Screw you, Melee.
#88Theboss1248Posted 2/2/2013 7:05:51 PM
As a PS3 user it seems about right, I'd probably switch a few things in the AR list a bit but it looks good.
---
GC IGN: Boss112358
PSN: the_boss1013
#89chessmyantidrugPosted 2/3/2013 2:40:20 AM
Anyone who thinks the FAL OSW's hip fire spread increase ruins the weapon needs to realize how insignificant that nerf is. It's about as insignificant as the hip fire nerf SMGs got in the first patch. It's not like it has sniper rifle hip fire all of the sudden.
#90AirRawr_Posted 2/3/2013 2:41:43 AM
yo da rpgizzle aint on dis list anywhere and its da best in da game

explain
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg