I got suspended for making a kid cry.

#31kentuckyboy88Posted 2/2/2013 10:22:26 PM
If you deserve to be suspended or not, that lies within your own morals. But the fact that a kid, who illegally owns the game if he was under 17, got you suspended for making him cry is just dumb.
---
Gt. xL3G3ND KILL3Rx
#32matrix0523Posted 2/2/2013 10:34:39 PM
Doubt it.

---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#33CammyApplePosted 2/2/2013 10:35:35 PM
kentuckyboy88 posted...
If you deserve to be suspended or not, that lies within your own morals. But the fact that a kid, who illegally owns the game if he was under 17, got you suspended for making him cry is just dumb.

Illegally?

The ESRB is not law.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#34nnytherkillerPosted 2/2/2013 10:36:02 PM
kentuckyboy88 posted...

Not illegal for a child to own m rated games. It's illegal to sell them m rated games without permission of a parent or guardian.
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#35SparkItUpPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:58 PM
kentuckyboy88 posted...

online experience is not rated...do people not pay attention to the commercials or the fine print on the box of the game? Also, there are no laws that prevent the playing of a game by someone younger than the game rates it...I don't think there are even any laws that prevent the sale. It's simply a guideline that the gaming industry made themselves & volunteered to abide by to prevent government regulation.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#36Wii_MiiPosted 2/3/2013 2:10:40 AM
SparkItUp posted...
I don't think there are even any laws that prevent the sale. It's simply a guideline that the gaming industry made themselves & volunteered to abide by to prevent government regulation.

the law might be different in the US but over here in the UK there is a law to stop the sale of video games to underage people, I can imagine its probably similar in the states. they enforce age restrictions on alcohol and cigarettes so why wouldn't they do the same for video games?
---
Xbox Live GT: Wrangles89
#37The_Last_AznPosted 2/3/2013 2:16:13 AM
Wii_Mii posted...
SparkItUp posted...
I don't think there are even any laws that prevent the sale. It's simply a guideline that the gaming industry made themselves & volunteered to abide by to prevent government regulation.

the law might be different in the US but over here in the UK there is a law to stop the sale of video games to underage people, I can imagine its probably similar in the states. they enforce age restrictions on alcohol and cigarettes so why wouldn't they do the same for video games?

He's right though. Here in the states the retailers voluntarily govern themselves with policies to not sell M rated games to minors without a consenting adult. The same loopholes exist as with alcohol and tobacco (getting a friend or a stranger to buy it for you). Only difference is the consumer and the actual buyer will never be punished. A retail employee may be punished by his higher-ups for violating policy if he directly sells to a minor.
---
Gamertag: The Last Azn
Black FC: 4513 0061 7179
#38Q27Posted 2/3/2013 2:25:50 AM
Glad to see OP isn't defending his actions.
Kids are kids people. You really think people need to make kids cry? That's a pretty crummy thing to think.
Almost all of us played M rated games under 17. Get real.
#39vanboeningPosted 2/3/2013 2:26:40 AM
CammyApple posted...
kentuckyboy88 posted...

Illegally?

The ESRB is not law.

Finally someone that gets it; the 17+ rating is a recommendation not a rule. They have every right to that game as you do.
---
earn money free online by doing surveys http://www.cashcrate.com/2887324
#40SparkItUpPosted 2/3/2013 4:36:35 AM
The_Last_Azn posted...
Wii_Mii posted...
SparkItUp posted...

He's right though. Here in the states the retailers voluntarily govern themselves with policies to not sell M rated games to minors without a consenting adult. The same loopholes exist as with alcohol and tobacco (getting a friend or a stranger to buy it for you). Only difference is the consumer and the actual buyer will never be punished. A retail employee may be punished by his higher-ups for violating policy if he directly sells to a minor.

A store owner, & cashier can both be fined (and possibly jailed in the case of alcohol) for selling alcohol/tobacco to a minor. Both are regulated by the government. If an adult buys it for them and gives it to them and it can be proven by the police, the adult can be fined and/or jailed. It's called contributing to the delinquency of a minor. This also can happen with adult films. This however does not apply to videogames or movies rated NC-17 or R. Videogames are like the movie industry and voluntarily govern themselves (except the movie industry is much more strict in that the MPAA will fine and or blacklist theaters).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...