Any other FPSes out there that are on CoD's level gameplay wise?

#1XxOblivion77Posted 2/2/2013 11:55:49 PM
I like this game series more than any other because it plays very fluidly. The mechanics are almost perfect (or marginally troublesome).

Kinda tired of the BS that's being added year after year though, so I'm trying new games like Crysis 3. That game is fun and somewhat promising, but after playing for an hour it feels like playing a sluggier (this is a word now) version of Battlefield 3 with CoD BS thrown in (literally perks, killstreaks and even DEATHSTREAKS).

Anyway, I like CoD4 simply because it did the important stuff right, those things being:

1) Movement and Weapon Mechanics
2) Maps
3) Balance

So what FPS game should I play?

I used to play Halo but then it got worse and worse since Reach came out.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
I whine and cry about BO2 yet play it more than anything else. :(
#2Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/2/2013 11:56:17 PM
Halo 3.
#3imthestuntmanPosted 2/2/2013 11:59:14 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Halo 3.

Still plays better than any fps out there. Too bad online isnt competitive anymore. The people there are bad even by my 1.35 k/d standards
#4XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:00:00 AM
Halo 3.

This game is dead. No dead games.
---
#5ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 2/3/2013 12:01:10 AM
World at War.

...Oh, wait, you meant other franchises.
#6motoraptorPosted 2/3/2013 12:01:23 AM
Sounds like you like the silky smooth 60 fps
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9ntxe.jpg
#7imthestuntmanPosted 2/3/2013 12:03:02 AM
XxOblivion77 posted...
Halo 3.

This game is dead. No dead games.

Rainbow 6 vegas is also fantastic. Those two shooters make cod look like the joke fps series that it is.
#8NriepwPosted 2/3/2013 12:03:32 AM
Gotham City Impostors is dang close. Everything is OP so nothing is OP. Very nice fast paced fun. Only problem is it is 30 Frames.

If you end up getting it I will play with you too. I'm always looking for people to play that.
#9XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:05:01 AM
Gotham City Impostors is dang close. Everything is OP so nothing is OP. Very nice fast paced fun. Only problem is it is 30 Frames.

If you end up getting it I will play with you too. I'm always looking for people to play that.

I tried it but wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I don't even need 60 FPS.

My favorite FPS of all time is Metroid Prime: Hunters and that was on the Nintendo DS.

The DS.
---
#10HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/3/2013 12:05:37 AM
Nriepw posted...

I have that but it constantly freezes my Xbox and takes me to the dashboard in the middle of games so I barely play it anymore.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.