is it me or as this series progresses Hipfiring gets rewarded more and MORE

#1XT3M3Posted 2/2/2013 11:45:36 PM(edited)
maybe my memory of cod4 is fried

but i dont remember

MW1/WAW/MW2 being this Friendly with hipfiring.

in those games a majority of the time hip firing resulted in death at least 75% of the time.

IIRC MW3 had a simple hipfire as well.

in BO2 however. Hip firing is the way to go as your mindless spray will take down people ADSing most of the time. now you got the more accessible version of steady aim (laser sight) which makes this 10 times easier. and noobish.

this game needs to stop holding the hands of people and go back to its roots. am i the only person who feels this way?
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#2arena11Posted 2/2/2013 11:49:12 PM(edited)
XT3M3 posted...
maybe my memory of cod4 is fried

but i dont remember

MW1/WAW/MW2 being this Friendly with hipfiring.

in those games a majority of the time hip firing resulted in death at least 75% of the time.

in BO2 however. Hip firing is the way to go as your mindless spray will take down people ADSing most of the time. now you got the more accessible version of steady aim (laser sight) which makes this 10 times easier. and noobish.

this game needs to stop holding the hands of people and go back to its roots. am i the only person who feels this way?

Been feeling this way since BO1, which to the contrary of most, does not go back to the roots. Hipfire has been very generous since BO1. The progression of this franchise has been in the wrong direction since BO1, since Treyarch started many of the problems that plague this series today.
#3ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/2/2013 11:47:11 PM
Why ADS if the game has auto-aim and laser accurate hip firing?.....

I miss skill.
#4ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/2/2013 11:48:31 PM
Although I make rage classes... MW3's rage class was an RSASS with speed and extended clip. Paired with steady aim pro... Used it as a shotgun... Probably could've filled a few pools with tears.
#5ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/2/2013 11:50:27 PM
I've always thought that hipfiring should NEVER be the best option unless you're within 5 feet of someone.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6NriepwPosted 2/3/2013 12:01:51 AM
Yeah. Hip fire has bugged me since BO1.
#7KabtheMentatPosted 2/3/2013 12:03:46 AM
I dunno. Hip firing the FN F2000 in MW2 was pretty effective. Head shots galore.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#8JammyBauer23Posted 2/3/2013 12:05:03 AM
The future is now. Obviously, hip-fire is more popular, not camping "strategically"...
---
RIP the truth. GT: RIP JammyDegree. Fanclub members: TheRealJayveezy (president)
#9lolcharizardPosted 2/3/2013 12:05:23 AM
I like how people whined about the striker in MW3 even though hip firing with the PP90M1 rapid fire was a far better choice than using a shotgun.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#10bgbfflochpPosted 2/3/2013 12:48:18 AM
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that you don't get those panic knife kills anymore and people have kind of learned to not even waste your time trying...unless you're out of ammo. Also the fact that most times that I aim down sites, the lag has me so far behind that I'm not even getting hit markers even though I'm dead on his chest. Hipfire spraying allows you to spray around what you're actually seeing, until you hit wherever the guy really is.

I think if they fix the lag, you'll see people ADS more since it would actually connect