Why is the UAV always on during gun game online?

#1g52Posted 2/3/2013 6:55:17 AM
Completely ruins the mode. Is there any way to turn it off?
#2KabtheMentatPosted 2/3/2013 7:02:47 AM(edited)
It prevents camping and no.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#3SullyTheStrangePosted 2/3/2013 7:03:19 AM
It's a party game, it's supposed to be fast-paced and frantic. It would ruin the mode NOT having a UAV up.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#4bobstevens23123Posted 2/3/2013 8:06:34 AM
i just love chasing someone with the executioner just to be killed by someone that spawned right next to us and sees the uav to kill me. Thats why i hate these gun modes. Uav promotes camping
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#5Blizzard09Posted 2/3/2013 8:33:49 AM
KabtheMentat posted...

This.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#6g52(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:09:47 AM
Actually it promotes camping. You can hide in a room and know exactly when a guy is nearby or coming up the steps.

In MW3's gun game, you would get to a level like the sniper and have to use your skills to shoot a guy quickly if he popped out and started firing at you with an smg. With Black Ops 2? Just camp and let the UAV do the work.

Gun game was more competitive without the UAV and more interesting when you could pick custom weapons lists in private games. Black Ops 2 tinkered with both and the mode is much worse.
#7Gritzblitz56Posted 2/3/2013 9:20:36 AM
g52 posted...
Actually it promotes camping. You can hide in a room and know exactly when a guy is nearby or coming up the steps.

Conversely, you can also see if a guy is camping and waiting for you. If you see on radar that someone is sitting in a corner waiting on you and you rush in to get shot anyway, then thats on you.

And it's not like the UAV is constant. You can still cover some ground and surprise opponents in between sweeps. It's a much better game with UAV than without it.
---
GT: Gritzblitz56
#8HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/3/2013 9:22:35 AM
g52 posted...

In MW3's gun game, you would get to a level like the sniper and have to use your skills to shoot a guy quickly if he popped out and started firing at you with an smg. With Black Ops 2? Just camp and let the UAV do the work.

Gun game was more competitive without the UAV and more interesting when you could pick custom weapons lists in private games. Black Ops 2 tinkered with both and the mode is much worse.

>Gun game
>Competitive

no.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#9GundamBansheeFAPosted 2/3/2013 9:24:59 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

This.

I camp even when uav is on. Makes them all come to me and i see them coming. My best was 21-2
#10Donuts_R_GoodPosted 2/3/2013 9:40:33 AM
UAV always on only worked in Sticks and Stones. I have no idea why they felt the need to put it in everything else.

One in the Chamber is absolute trash now because of it.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.