This game has the worst spawn in the entire series.

#1ReTouchablePosted 2/3/2013 9:47:19 AM
And I thought the spawns in MW3 were bad. Ow boy what was I wrong! The second you turn your back they spawn right behind you. Spawn trapping is also a big problem. Solo player are having a hard time playing objective games because you always join a game were you'll be spawn trapped in. Does Treyarch even test their maps? Because I get the impression they just put spawn A here and spawn B there without thinking a minute about it.

I can't wait for the next CoD that is made by anyone other than Treyarch
#2Ha_D00DPosted 2/3/2013 9:49:04 AM
If you think this is the worst of spawn trapping, you clearly never touched MW2 or BO.
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#3ReTouchable(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:54:49 AM
Ha_D00D posted...
If you think this is the worst of spawn trapping, you clearly never touched MW2 or BO.

I've played both and I agree that spawn trapping was bad in those games, but in this game it's even worse. Demolition used to be my favourite playlist in those games, but in this game it's just terrible.
#4Zero IXPosted 2/3/2013 9:54:53 AM
Simple map layouts with less total playable areas leads to more bad spawns.

1 + 1= 2
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#5ReTouchable(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:02:37 AM
Zero IX posted...
Simple map layouts with less total playable areas leads to more bad spawns.

1 + 1= 2

This is the reason why the MW and MW2 maps were the best.
#6DougEInstructorPosted 2/3/2013 10:06:55 AM
Ha_D00D posted...

This is much much worse. I don't remember spawning directly in the enemy's line of sight in those games. That happens every other game in Blops2.
#7Foxx3kPosted 2/3/2013 10:08:35 AM
I'd rather allow a coordinated team to spawn trap a lesser team than to have lesser players spawn with their gun aimed at the backs of more skilled players.

It's a fundamental and critical design flaw that the easiest way to flank in this game is to die and respawn.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8Ha_D00DPosted 2/3/2013 10:18:27 AM
I demo spawn trap exclusively. It is all I play in CoD. I can say with certainty that it was easier to start a concise spawn trap on either MW2 or BO. Hijacked being the exception.
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#9ReTouchable(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:34:38 AM
Foxx3k posted...
I'd rather allow a coordinated team to spawn trap a lesser team than to have lesser players spawn with their gun aimed at the backs of more skilled players.

It's a fundamental and critical design flaw that the easiest way to flank in this game is to die and respawn.

Does it matter which problem is worse than the other? Both are problems that need a fix.

Ha_D00D posted...
I demo spawn trap exclusively. It is all I play in CoD. I can say with certainty that it was easier to start a concise spawn trap on either MW2 or BO. Hijacked being the exception.

Hijacked and Slums are the two easiest maps to spawn trap, but in all other maps (including the DLC maps) it is easier to spawn trap than in MW2 and BO. In MW3 demolition I didn't get get spawn trapped that much. The big problem in MW3 demolition was that you always spawn miles away from the bomb site you're protecting.
#10Foxx3kPosted 2/3/2013 10:43:56 AM
Does it matter which problem is worse than the other? Both are problems that need a fix.

Yes. As I clearly stated, I'd rather have A than B. Spawns render the game nearly unplayable in order to avoid the rare instance where a highly organized team is able to trap an unorganized team.

It creates a problem that exists 99% of the time in order to eliminate a problem that exists 1% of the time.

Yes. It matters.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]