Call of Duty is obviously popular... Why so much hate?

#1known2FAILPosted 2/3/2013 9:08:28 AM
I guess my real question is... Why do people in this world hate things that are popular? It doesn't matter if it's things or people or whatever... If it's popular.. they hate it... Call of Duty back in the day wasn't ridiculously popular like it is now.. All you heard back then was how great it was. Now.. the more popular it gets... the more hate it gets... The hate is disproportional compared to how much love it gets over time... How can I explain it... Sure it gets hate from vets for the changes they don't like but I'm not talking about that... I'm talking about how the game gets a massive amount of hate now a days from people that have either played the game for 5 minutes or have never played the game at all... Why is society like that?

When Justin Berber first arrived on the scene and gained massive popularity I didn't hate him.. I hated his music.. I got more of an opinion of him when more and more news broke about him and now I'm not fond of him of course... Look at basketball.. I don't like Tim Duncan in basketball.. Is he a great player? Sure... I just don't like his style of play... People now a days don't think like that... They just hate on something that they have never experienced because it's popular. I love Dragonball Z, Naruto and Bleach. Yep. Most people that hate on these shows have never watched them.. It's crazy... If you watched these shows and didn't like them... Fine.. Cool... No problem with that.. It's the other people that bother me...

/rant
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#2Foxx3kPosted 2/3/2013 9:10:32 AM
Call of Duty is popular similar to how Twilight or Justin Bieber is popular.

But, more than that, I think they're popular because the size of a community is somewhat proportional to the playability of the game. Obviously a few threshholds exist, but ... People play Call of Duty because a lot of people play Call of Duty.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3slaveanselmoPosted 2/3/2013 9:12:43 AM
Nothing can please everyone.

Everyone and Everything has their detractors.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.
#4aheroafakePosted 2/3/2013 9:12:54 AM
TL:DR.

You must have missed the memo ten years ago; hating something that's popular is what cool kids do.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#5Foxx3kPosted 2/3/2013 9:13:25 AM
slaveanselmo posted...
Nothing can please everyone.

Everyone and Everything has their detractors.

And the more people something pleases, the louder and more obnoxious the vocal minority must shout their disapproval.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6stimshady08Posted 2/3/2013 9:15:11 AM
They love cod. It's the cool thing to do to hate on it though. It's like McDonald's. Everyone says that they don't eat it but somehow they are selling billions of burgers yearly. The haters are the same ones secretly loving it.
#7Valentino16Posted 2/3/2013 9:15:13 AM
aheroafake posted...

You must have missed the memo ten years ago; hating something that's popular is what cool kids do.

people don't hate CoD because it's popular. They hate it because it's f***ing laggy, last-gen graphics, generic FPS garbage passed off as a game.
---
GT: TheMasterTee
"Geronimo!"
#8known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:18:29 AM
Valentino16 posted...
aheroafake posted...

people don't hate CoD because it's popular. They hate it because it's f***ing laggy, last-gen graphics, generic FPS garbage passed off as a game.

great job NOT reading the topic...
---
#9Valentino16Posted 2/3/2013 9:21:58 AM
known2FAIL posted...
Valentino16 posted...
aheroafake posted...

great job assuming that I would take your post as gospel and not have my own opinions.
---
GT: TheMasterTee
"Geronimo!"
#10known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:23:06 AM
Valentino16 posted...
known2FAIL posted...
Valentino16 posted...
aheroafake posted...

great job assuming that I would take your post as gospel and not have my own opinions.

you still don't get it do you? i was talking about the people that haven't experienced the game.. Not people that have.
---