Call of Duty is obviously popular... Why so much hate?

#11Made_of_failPosted 2/3/2013 10:26:22 AM
Troll topic but still, just because it's popular doesn't make it good. CoD feeds the same **** dinner to it's fans every year. They always seem to take a step back in terms of game quality. College dudebro guys eat this crap up every year. Most smart gamers realize this and stay away from it, that's why they hate it.

http://i.imgur.com/QwjvXf9.png
---
<3 TGZ
#12fatclemenzaPosted 2/3/2013 10:28:04 AM
Justin Beiber isn't good by any stretch of the imagination though. His audience is literally horny teenage girls who will forget about him in a few years time. Do you really think people are going to still be going back to that music in 40 years? All pop sounds the same anyway.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#13known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:39:10 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Justin Beiber isn't good by any stretch of the imagination though. His audience is literally horny teenage girls who will forget about him in a few years time. Do you really think people are going to still be going back to that music in 40 years? All pop sounds the same anyway.

I agree
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#14RandomTrampPosted 2/3/2013 10:47:03 AM
I don't like parallels with singers whose work is targeted at the key 8-year-old girl demographic (whether that be Bieber for the next 5 minutes or the next kid on the block tomorrow), because in that case people have heard the music and are more than justified in dismissing it as childish pap. But if you want to get big in the singles charts it's all about appealing to the kids. Therefore your product cannot be be, by necessity, particularly sophisticated.

In short, games and music are opposites. There's a ton of great music around, but you have to hunt for it because it's not mainstream. Indie gaming, on the other hand, has few hiddens gems. The best stuff is right in the spotlight because it's triple A and a fortune has been spent on development and advertising.

These are art forms (if gaming is art) at very different stages of their lifecycle.
#15aheroafakePosted 2/3/2013 6:39:32 PM
known2FAIL posted...
Valentino16 posted...
aheroafake posted...
TL:DR.

You must have missed the memo ten years ago; hating something that's popular is what cool kids do.

people don't hate CoD because it's popular. They hate it because it's f***ing laggy, last-gen graphics, generic FPS garbage passed off as a game.

great job NOT reading the topic...

Was that directed towards me as well?
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#16known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 6:40:53 PM
aheroafake posted...
known2FAIL posted...
Valentino16 posted...
aheroafake posted...

You must have missed the memo ten years ago; hating something that's popular is what cool kids do.

people don't hate CoD because it's popular. They hate it because it's f***ing laggy, last-gen graphics, generic FPS garbage passed off as a game.

great job NOT reading the topic...

Was that directed towards me as well?

no
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#17zerooo0Posted 2/3/2013 6:44:06 PM
1 The main reason why most people hate on it IS BECAUSE IT"S POPULAR.

2. Some have kinda constructive complaints as to why they don't like it that they can be more taken seriously than the average troll.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#18BSiev1977Posted 2/3/2013 6:55:20 PM
Valentino16 posted...
aheroafake posted...

But the idiots who complain the loudest make the same complaints game after game. Everyone is on boards like this now gabbling about how bad the game is, how bad the spawns are, blah blah blah.

Yet, when the next COD comes around, those same people will buy the new game and will soon be making the same complaints, while sayin how much better Black Ops 2 was.
#19Governator00Posted 2/3/2013 6:58:39 PM
I don't hate the game itself, it is enjoyable, but I do hate what it has done to gaming as a whole. It's not only COD but it is a primary factor to the general casualization of gaming that we have today. (Opinion)
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#20Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/3/2013 7:04:38 PM
Governator00 posted...
I don't hate the game itself, it is enjoyable, but I do hate what it has done to gaming as a whole. It's not only COD but it is a primary factor to the general casualization of gaming that we have today. (Opinion)

This^

If a game wants to do well they need to:

A. Put all their effort in MP.

B. Have MP always be CQB, with snipers still being in the game aside from the lag of maps that are viable to use them on.

C. Have an optional game-mode that involves zombies.

D. Have every DLC never drop in price, even when the newer games of the series already have came out.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....