Dat New KSG

#1Valentino16Posted 2/3/2013 12:32:01 PM
The KSG has always been my best weapon, but I've never really been awesome with it or anything.

Just got on, and the first game I played:

40-13 on Slums in Kill Confirmed, 2 Lodestars in a row without dying, 3 total. I've never done even remotely that well before. F** yeah.
---
GT: TheMasterTee
"Geronimo!"
#2ozy808Posted 2/3/2013 12:37:03 PM
They buffed it? It didn't need a buff, like at all.

Then again that's my opinion.
---
GT: ozy8080. Blame the OCD and autocorrect.
If your not playing a GAME for FUN your doing it wrong.
#3KeldonisPosted 2/3/2013 12:37:15 PM
Not bad, I too love the KSG.

What you'll find though is that it's incredibly inconsistent. I've gone 50-3 with it, sniping people from half way across the map, then had games where I've gone 10-15.

What it really comes down to is your internet connection. If you have even the slightest bit of lag this gun will frustrate you.

I also like the silencer, stock, quickdraw, setup. It allows you to miss that crucial shot or two without giving yourself away. Also, it's great for flanking.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#4Crack_FoxPosted 2/3/2013 12:37:42 PM
Have definatly noticed the difference since the update, amazing gun.

What setup do you use?

I run

KSG Longbarrel Red dot

Lightweight & ghost
Toughness
Excon

C4
Smoke

Perk 1 greed.
---
Official Chaos Uchigatana of the Dark Souls Board.
#5Best_PK_In_ACPosted 2/3/2013 12:52:39 PM
ozy808 posted...

they didnt buff it, they just got rid of that useless ADS accuracy delay. so now you can aim down sights with the ksg and blast ppl
---
MICHALECOLE owns my soul
MICHALECOLE! MICHALECOLE! MICHALECOLE! MICHALECOLE! MICHALECOLE!
#6Valentino16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:10:44 PM
Crack_Fox posted...
Have definatly noticed the difference since the update, amazing gun.

What setup do you use?

I run

KSG Longbarrel Red dot

Lightweight & ghost
Toughness
Excon

C4
Smoke

Perk 1 greed.

KSG, Silencer and Quickdraw (I "quickscope" in mid-range, hip-fire in CQC)

Lightweight and Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer

No Lethals
2x EMP grenades

Perk 1 Greed
---
GT: TheMasterTee
"Geronimo!"
#7fatclemenzaPosted 2/3/2013 2:12:12 PM

They didn't buff it, they removed a game mechanic that the word horrible doesn't even begin to describe. All guns were affected, the KSG much more so due to it relying on accuracy.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#8MasterPokerPosted 2/3/2013 4:48:36 PM
Because quick ADSing guns (SMGs in particular) needed buffing, right?

As much as I appreciate .48 going down to .4 ADS time on my LMGs, removing ADS delay (something every moving player suffers from equally) did even more harm in a typical gunfight.

And don't go tell me to camp. I want a gun like BO's M60, but that doesn't mean I want to camp with it.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#9Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/3/2013 4:51:13 PM
MasterPoker posted...
Because quick ADSing guns (SMGs in particular) needed buffing, right?

As much as I appreciate .48 going down to .4 ADS time on my LMGs, removing ADS delay (something every moving player suffers from equally) did even more harm in a typical gunfight.

And don't go tell me to camp. I want a gun like BO's M60, but that doesn't mean I want to camp with it.

Why not have the ads delay on on smgs then instead of all the guns? Every gun that was reliant on accuracy (shotguns, iron sight ballista, whatever) where pretty much bugged to where you had a second or half a second of still hipfire accuracy after ADSing in, which usually means your shot was going to either miss or not be as good as it could have been.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#10gameflakPosted 2/3/2013 4:57:16 PM
Maybe it's just my connection, but I still find the KSG very inconsistent.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.