Man. Steelseries Siberia V2 headsets are pretty good.

#1duericPosted 2/3/2013 2:42:00 PM
So I needed a new Mixamp but I didn't want the new one from Astro.

So I went to Ebay and ended up finding an older MA that basically came with a pair of SS Siberia V2s.

All I can say is, they really impressed me. The only downside that some might find for a game like COD is the bass. These things pump out some major bass. Way more than my Senn 555's, and leaps and bounds more than Astos. The Nuketown endgame explosion will literally shake the cans on your head. It's pretty cool.

I generally feel like gaming headsets suck soundwise. However, if you're in the market for a decent headset with chat built in, these things are great for general all around sound at a reasonable price. Even in Blops 2.

Note: I used these with a Mixamp and to take total advanatge of what they offer you'll need a similar device.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2supercoolisaacPosted 2/3/2013 2:43:47 PM
the microphone sucks balls. i had to return mine.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#3dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:46:36 PM
supercoolisaac posted...

Interesting. I haven't used the mic.

Then again, generally speaking, I'm the type of person who would gladly trade s**** chat for better sound. I'm selfish like that. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4supercoolisaacPosted 2/3/2013 2:47:48 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

Then again, generally speaking, I'm the type of person who would gladly trade s**** chat for better sound. I'm selfish like that. LOL

you don't understand. it was horrible. i pretty much had to have the mic inside my mouth and talk loud for it to pick anything up >_>
---
#5dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:08:09 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

you don't understand. it was horrible. i pretty much had to have the mic inside my mouth and talk loud for it to pick anything up >_>

Dude, my current setup has me wrapping a mic around my neck.

Shows how much chat is a priority for me. LOL
---
#6AtomskVIIPosted 2/3/2013 3:16:45 PM(edited)
I bought a steel series xb headset or whatever awhile back. After six months of light use the cables were already shot.

Hope they've improved durability in the newer headsets.
---
Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter.
GT: November Seven
#7supercoolisaacPosted 2/3/2013 3:16:48 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

Dude, my current setup has me wrapping a mic around my neck.

Shows how much chat is a priority for me. LOL

if the mic really isn't an issue for you then you'll love the headset. the sound quality is insane.
---