After youve played a map twice, why does it remain an option if its unselectable

#1BaseballtitanPosted 2/3/2013 3:03:37 PM
I mean, wouldn't it be more logical to give you two new choices after you've played a map twice in a row? Otherwise you're stuck voting for one map, and random. This is especially annoying in ground war. If the one map is Aftermath, you just have to have blind faith that the random map will be something better, and not equally as bad (I'm looking at your Turbine) or that it isn't TDM. This is just something that I haven't been able to understand, if I can't select that map, why is it one of the "options"
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#2fatclemenzaPosted 2/3/2013 3:06:16 PM
blame the kids who picked nuketown 10 times in a row in bo1 because they couldn't manage a 1 k/d in any other map without good old nuketown spawns helping them out
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#3Baseballtitan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:08:27 PM
I understand that, the idea of only getting a map twice in a row is perfectly fine. It's just if I played Slums twice in a row, don't give me it as an unselectable choice in the lobby for the next game. Give me two new choices.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
#4fatclemenzaPosted 2/3/2013 3:09:36 PM
oh i get it yeah that would be a good idea. but clearly too much work
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#5WestSdeNleVrusPosted 2/3/2013 3:09:48 PM
That would have actually required effort to program and they wouldn't have been able to keep things the same as the previous game....
#6aheroafakePosted 2/3/2013 3:33:26 PM
Baseballtitan posted...
I understand that, the idea of only getting a map twice in a row is perfectly fine. It's just if I played Slums twice in a row, don't give me it as an unselectable choice in the lobby for the next game. Give me two new choices.

This. I really don't understand Treyarch's reasoning for not doing that.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#7lunaticcorePosted 2/3/2013 10:44:12 PM
It used to give you the choice to keep selecting it over and over, and then they shut that down when people wouldn't stop selecting nuketown over and over. I guess nobody every decided it was worth the effort to go back and change how it works so that it would bring up two new maps.

I honestly have never heard anybody complain about it.
#8Krazoa2Posted 2/3/2013 11:40:03 PM
The choice shouldnt be given to the community. Maps should have an equally random chance of showing up.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#9Baseballtitan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:45:34 AM
lunaticcore posted...
It used to give you the choice to keep selecting it over and over, and then they shut that down when people wouldn't stop selecting nuketown over and over. I guess nobody every decided it was worth the effort to go back and change how it works so that it would bring up two new maps.

I honestly have never heard anybody complain about it.

It's just something that seems logical to be implemented.
---
#10RBEMPosted 2/4/2013 10:59:51 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
The choice shouldnt be given to the community. Maps should have an equally random chance of showing up.

I agree with this. Voting is unnecessary pandering. At most it should be this map or random other, with no voting for previous.
---
GT: x Pearl o