The ONE thing with knifing that they have yet to fix

#1ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/3/2013 10:50:48 PM
Okay, so first off, let's get this straight that I'm NOT saying the knifing is OP in this game, nor am I saying that this is some pressing issue that has to be fixed ASAP. I'm well aware that there are plenty of other issues in the game that deserve more attention/thought. It's simply something that I have thought should've been implemented a long time ago.

So anyways, I've never really minded the lunge THAT much. Yeah, Commando in MW2 was a little ridiculous, but here's the main problem I've always had with the knifing: you still finish your animation and can kill someone while being shot at. I would much rather give knifing a little bit more lunge or "aim assist" if it meant that once they get shot, the knifing animation cancels. I believe you shouldn't be able to run through someone's bullets and proceed to knife them.

Again, not saying this is a huge problem in the game or anything. Just something I wish they'd change because it has bugged the **** out of me since I can remember. I'm fine with a little bit of lunge as long as it doesn't mean they can lunge through my bullets while taking damage and still kill me with the knife.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#2Blizzard09Posted 2/3/2013 10:54:54 PM
Thats like saying if you got shot, you wouldn't be able to keep aiming and shooting at the person that shot you first..

I see your point, but to fix the knife that way they would need to fix guns that way also.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#3Who_ate_the_piePosted 2/3/2013 10:56:22 PM
I agree. I've always found it annoying to shoot someone, only for them to lunge and OHK me.
---
I don't care.
#4kingekingePosted 2/3/2013 10:56:40 PM
Blizzard09 posted...
Thats like saying if you got shot, you wouldn't be able to keep aiming and shooting at the person that shot you first..

I see your point, but to fix the knife that way they would need to fix guns that way also.

You can't lol This game has crazy viewkick.
#5ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:59:16 PM
Blizzard09 posted...

Well there is flinch, which hinders your aiming ability while being shot.

And while you might have a point, it's easy to see that it wouldn't work with guns. Obviously the game wouldn't be fun if you couldn't shoot while being shot at, since guns are the primary focus of the game. But knifing is a little different since it's not the main aspect of the game, and is used as a last-resort type of thing.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6Artha_PennPosted 2/3/2013 11:03:33 PM
There's also the law that states "A body in motion tends to stay in motiion." Or something like that. Meaning, if it has forwards momentum, it needs to be hit by an immovable object, or from the opposite direction to cancel it's forward momentum. Now a lunging body from a knife would keep moving even though being shot, though it should stop after a few feet due to the fact that a bullet ridled body would no longer be able to control the legs probably, which means the propulsion force keeping it going forwards is taken out. The body still moved that few feet due to the current momentum it had built up.
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#7zxrax_alt_1Posted 2/3/2013 11:10:43 PM
There's also the law that states "A body in motion tends to stay in motiion." Or something like that. Meaning, if it has forwards momentum, it needs to be hit by an immovable object, or from the opposite direction to cancel it's forward momentum. Now a lunging body from a knife would keep moving even though being shot, though it should stop after a few feet due to the fact that a bullet ridled body would no longer be able to control the legs probably, which means the propulsion force keeping it going forwards is taken out. The body still moved that few feet due to the current momentum it had built up.

lol realism in video games
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K@4.7GHz || GTX680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || Maximus V Extreme || 250GB SSD || 2TB HDD || H100i (CPU) + H55 (GPU)
#8slaveanselmoPosted 2/3/2013 11:12:51 PM
I like how BF3 did it.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.
#9Foxx3kPosted 2/3/2013 11:38:24 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
I like how BF3 did it.

Although it wouldn't work at all in this game, I agree.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#10HarryHedgehogPosted 2/3/2013 11:47:03 PM
So basically make it like the Gears of War melee? Where if you get shot during the melee then you flinch and are basically stunned for a second?
---
Trying to motivate myself to play: DeathSmiles (1 and 2), Crash Bash, Touhou series, OoT3D Master Quest, Mega Man Legends 1, SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked