So I played MW2.......

#1IIARCANAIIPosted 2/4/2013 12:14:58 AM
And oh man... so good. You actually hit the damn guy. BANG BANG BANG

But let's face it. The only players left are nuke-runners. Harriers everywhere.... Would it kill anyone besides me to run a Sentry Turret by the plane on Highrise so we could trap them in?

MW2 also felt a lot slower-paced. I didn't have impulses to drop-shot or anything. In fact, I forget how BO2 is very, very fast. But MW2 is still fun, and when I was taking ppl down with my silenced famas/cold-blooded (I ran like that!), I kept saying "yup, I still got it".

So that's all it is really. Just nostalgia. Between the music, and badass voiceovers, I was re-living 2009-2010! I'll be sticking with BO2 because I really do like the pick-10 concept, and it is still fun if you play past the lag-comp bullcrap.

side rant: Now, I see the CoD series as a series of "tradition". I am a sucker, but that's me being the conforming consumer as I am. Black Ops is my favorite CoD and I had a blast that year since I was 2nd in a tournament (to which I displayed my Tron Legacy controller proudly).

I really hope they make the next CoD as fluid and playable, because I do love the series. It's so basic in concept yet there's so much you can do. However, if this online lag is still a problem. Then I simply just won't purchase it :/
---
Tango down!
#2Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/4/2013 12:22:54 AM
What's wrong with a slower pace? I think it feels nice to not always fear that I will get shot in the back so much. What I enjoyed most from MW2 was the increased survivability brought on by slower and more organized combat.

Lowered survivability wouldn't be a problem if the reason people died were their mistakes alone, but BO2 gives us lowered survivability thanks to random and unpredictable combat that is too fast for its own good. Deaths that most have no control over, giving us a huge luck factor. The only way to avoid it is to play anything but FFA and have a competent group of friends who know what they're doing.

Larger maps helped give us better spawns along with better survivability rates, which is a gift within itself. This isn't even taking lag or camera bugs into account.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#3Krazoa2Posted 2/4/2013 12:28:05 AM
Someone spoke of MW2 and didnt whine about OMA/DC/Noobtubes? And this same person admitted to being a sucker for CoD?! You sir, have not lost the internets today.

Soul_On_Display posted...
What's wrong with a slower pace? I think it feels nice to not always fear that I will get shot in the back so much. What I enjoyed most from MW2 was the increased survivability brought on by slower and more organized combat.

Lowered survivability wouldn't be a problem if the reason people died were their mistakes alone, but BO2 gives us lowered survivability thanks to random and unpredictable combat that is too fast for its own good. Deaths that most have no control over, giving us a huge luck factor. The only way to avoid it is to play anything but FFA and have a competent group of friends who know what they're doing.

Larger maps helped give us better spawns along with better survivability rates, which is a gift within itself. This isn't even taking lag or camera bugs into account.

It's not even just the pace. MW2 was faster paced than Blops1 but I felt I had greater survivability in MW2 because the game worked better. Getting show around corners and after getting in cover still happened, but at a far less rate than BO1 despite it being slower, which is why I liked MW2 the best.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#4HydraRaptorPosted 2/4/2013 12:38:26 AM
My buddies and I have been playing a lot of MW2 lately, and when we first popped it in (for the first time since the second BlOps1 DLC), we were all astounded by how amazing it felt to actually hit people and not have connection issues. It just feels smooth and seamless, even when 3-barring. I don't know what messed up the CoD networking to make it so dreadfully lag-riddled as it is now, but if I go back to CoD4 or MW2, my connection feels great again. I've seen a video where someone posed that it could be due to the newer games removing Stopping Power and thereby increasing the time-to-kill on every weapon (in essence, not all weapons are changed by SP) making connection issues more noticable, not more common. Regardless, the game just plays better. The only reason we still play BlOps2 is because my friend Tom wants to be Master Prestige.
---
Soon to be hosting Critical Hit game and movie reviews via YouTube.
#5WOT BSPosted 2/4/2013 12:50:39 AM
HydraRaptor posted...
My buddies and I have been playing a lot of MW2 lately, and when we first popped it in (for the first time since the second BlOps1 DLC), we were all astounded by how amazing it felt to actually hit people and not have connection issues. It just feels smooth and seamless, even when 3-barring. I don't know what messed up the CoD networking to make it so dreadfully lag-riddled as it is now, but if I go back to CoD4 or MW2, my connection feels great again. I've seen a video where someone posed that it could be due to the newer games removing Stopping Power and thereby increasing the time-to-kill on every weapon (in essence, not all weapons are changed by SP) making connection issues more noticable, not more common. Regardless, the game just plays better. The only reason we still play BlOps2 is because my friend Tom wants to be Master Prestige.

idk what they did, but i can tell you why they did it: to stop the host from having an advantage
---
GT: Extract Hz
#6arena11Posted 2/4/2013 12:53:09 AM
WOT BS posted...
HydraRaptor posted...

idk what they did, but i can tell you why they did it: to stop the host from having an advantage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFnIckyoxg, I'd rather deal with host being 30-50 ms ahead of me and not the entire lobby.
#7IIARCANAII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:02:51 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
Someone spoke of MW2 and didnt whine about OMA/DC/Noobtubes? And this same person admitted to being a sucker for CoD?! You sir, have not lost the internets today.

Lol. I try. Nah, but it's like. There's a reason you have more than 1 class set-up. If something isn't working out for you, use something else. I mean, if Batman can find a way, why can't all of us?
---
Tango down!
#8IIARCANAII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:03:38 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...

Huh. Too true. I didn't even think of it like that.
---
Tango down!
#9Krazoa2Posted 2/4/2013 3:24:56 AM
IIARCANAII posted...
Krazoa2 posted...

Lol. I try. Nah, but it's like. There's a reason you have more than 1 class set-up. If something isn't working out for you, use something else. I mean, if Batman can find a way, why can't all of us?

Because most people here are more Robin than Batman. Lolololol.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe