Tell me why this game isn't horrible.

#41__redxiii__Posted 2/4/2013 6:01:46 AM
People still don't play this game but post on its board?
#42fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 6:10:04 AM
People still don't play this game but post on its board?

just because the game is bad doesn't mean there's still not good people to talk to, trolling to be done, and advice to give to those who ask for it
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#43Jounetsu2105Posted 2/4/2013 6:15:49 AM
scrilla_o posted...
It is horrible, the main reason I and many other pepole buy it is because all our friends buy it
#44NejiHyuga900Posted 2/4/2013 6:33:26 AM
From: supercoolisaac | Posted: 2/4/2013 3:27:40 AM | #001
Try your best. You're gonna need it.

Oh, people like you and everyone else are still blinded by how amazing this game is. And this is game is my second favorite Call of Duty game of all time (first favorite CoD game on console).

Campaign (best CoD campaign ever! And the only CoD campaign that I replay through.)
- Custom loadout
- Branching storylines (gives it a great replay value)
- Strike Force missions (difficult but fun)
- Challenges (besides colleting Intel, there are more to do in the campaign and these challenges are found in career records)

Zombies (meh, I prefer WaW and BO1 zombies but these zombies are still good/great)
- Game modes: TranZit (for Green Run), Survival, Grief, Turned (DLC 1; for Green Run's Town), and Die Rise (DLC 1)
'- More zombies!
- More zombies...
- DLC packs offer more stuff than ever

Multiplayer
- Pick 10 System (I love customizing in video games!)
- Muta All in the lobby (I always wanted this in a CoD game since BO1)
- Emblem Editor (I love customizing in video games! And I hope Treyarch does
- DLC packs offer more stuff than ever
- Nuketown 2025's easter egg - The ability to play 4 Activision games that were on the Atari 2600 by shooting all of the mannequin heads within 2 minutes (online multiplayer; recommended in custom games). Best Easter Egg Ever!
- I can go on more if I want to but I will end it here. And I didn't have to try hard to list all of these factors.

Seriously, get OFF the multiplayer and try other modes. Why does EVERYONE have to rate this game by its online multiplayer ONLY? I give this game an 8.9/10 and I will change it to 9.5/10 after Treyarch fixes the problems on online multiplayer. And the only issues for this game are on online multiplayer only and they are Lag Compensation and Spawns. Disregarding these issues, this game is perfect (at least for me) but I won't give it 10/10 since there is something about the story in the campaign that's missing and that would involve certain BO1 characters (but I already know how Frank Woods survives).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#45Zero IXPosted 2/4/2013 6:39:57 AM
To be fair, NejiHyuga900, I don't think anyone's going to deny Black Ops II offers the most (and highest quality) non-multiplayer content of any CoD title... but I'm pretty sure the TC was referencing the quality of multiplayer, specifically.

It's arguably the best designed multiplayer in a CoD game yet, but it can't hold up to MW2's multiplayer, which was full of design flaws but far more mechanically robust.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#46LerthyrPosted 2/4/2013 6:47:05 AM
KILLSTREAK posted...
Please try the Crysis 3 beta. None of you will leave COD and go to it, because no-one ever does, but at least then you will know what a decent game could be like. Crysis 2 was a game where I could lose horribly and still enjoy playing - that's how you can tell if you are playing a good game - one where you can just enjoy playing. The full game has create a class with perks and killstreaks like COD, only no-one camps unless they are sniping because you all have a cloak/armor mode. Its nicely balanced as certain perks see through cloak, it doesnt last long and de-activates if you shoot/melee.

I myself won't be buying it because I bought the COD season pass and have friends who only play COD, but I will look at it longingly, at its smooth wonderful graphics and tactical gameplay - and despairing at how far behind COD's engine is.

I tried that beta for 5 minutes. It's horrendous.
---
GT: Lerthyr
I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.GiTS: Arise (Season 3) finally announced!
#47MadsprayerPosted 2/4/2013 6:51:40 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
BipBapBam posted...
Bad session? =/

Every single ****ing game. These are the potential things that happen.

People back out
Or
People camp their spawn while being dominated so they can keep their whopping 1.2 k/d.
Or
Entire lobby on 2-3 bar with host dominating but no host migrations.
Or
Stuck on a team or split screeners who each go 2-20 while playing a full party.

I don't even enjoy wins or putting up good scores anymore because half my deaths are by random BS like being killed by that kid who just got off the special bus and is sitting in his spawn with a target finder LMG while he's down a hundred points in Dom. Every single game, without fail.

I'm not sure how any of this is the GAME'S fault. It's the community and no matter how good/bad the game is the community will always s u c k
#48The_LoGoSPosted 2/4/2013 6:58:09 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
BipBapBam posted...
Bad session? =/

Every single ****ing game. These are the potential things that happen.

People back out
Or
People camp their spawn while being dominated so they can keep their whopping 1.2 k/d.
Or
Entire lobby on 2-3 bar with host dominating but no host migrations.
Or
Stuck on a team or split screeners who each go 2-20 while playing a full party.

I don't even enjoy wins or putting up good scores anymore because half my deaths are by random BS like being killed by that kid who just got off the special bus and is sitting in his spawn with a target finder LMG while he's down a hundred points in Dom. Every single game, without fail.

Its been like this for awhile....? Starting back with MW2
---
There is no wrong or right...There is only popular opinion
#49NejiHyuga900Posted 2/4/2013 6:59:18 AM
To be fair, NejiHyuga900, I don't think anyone's going to deny Black Ops II offers the most (and highest quality) non-multiplayer content of any CoD title... but I'm pretty sure the TC was referencing the quality of multiplayer, specifically.

Yeah, most likely.

And the only flaws that are in the multiplayer (that I'm aware of) are the spawns and lag but I am use to them since I have played MW3 throughout its time. Everything else in the multiplayer is good, with the exception of some OP weapons that makes weapon balances flawed.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#50Zero IXPosted 2/4/2013 7:14:09 AM
NejiHyuga900 posted...

Yeah, most likely.

And the only flaws that are in the multiplayer (that I'm aware of) are the spawns and lag but I am use to them since I have played MW3 throughout its time. Everything else in the multiplayer is good, with the exception of some OP weapons that makes weapon balances flawed.

I don't think there is anything egregiously wrong with any specific gameplay elements in the multiplayer, to be honest, unlike say MW2, which had obvious and glaring design issues such as OMA/DC or Painkiller or whatever else. Even the spawn logic is no different than past games; it's the overarching approach to map design that's changed (with some pros and many cons).

Unfortunately this game's few innovative additions to multiplayer are effectively being squandered on subpar netcode. Four bars in this game is essentially the equivalent of a three bar in past games, and it only gets worse from there. This has a pervasive effect on the integrity of the game which ranges from subtle to game-breaking depending on the lobby. It's unlikely this delay is something that can be addressed in a patch. It's too bad, really.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame