CoD is going down hill. I'm just going to ramble on and on for a bit ITT.

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/4/2013 2:00:55 AM
CoD is going down hill, not that you need me to tell you this. Man, I really didn't see this coming back in my CoD4, WaW, or MW2 days. The funny thing is, I always felt like BO2 was very boring and annoying, even from the very start. I gathered this opinion straight from day 1. Even MW3 took me 3 months to realize how much I disliked it. The only thing that kept me from completely considering BO2 a failure from the very beginning was because I felt that the innovation made up for the other mistakes, which I realize is not the case.

I remember calling BO2 decent only because it felt very clever for a CoD game, what with its little innovations here and there that seemed impressive in concept. But after so many deaths later, I know for sure this game is just terrible, no matter how good you are. What do you expect from a game that punishes just about everyone one way or another? When it comes down to it, BO2 had some nice ideas but we're left with a sloppy game. MW3 didn't have as many clever aspects to it, minus a few things, but it could have also been great should it not been full of quality-diminishing design everywhere.

Some say that CoD started going down hill with BO1, some say with MW2, and others, MW3. All I know is, it probably isn't going to get much better. We could be wooed into buying the next CoD if next gen entices us into doing so, but many people probably won't bounce back from this. I know I'm not going to buy the next CoD without trying the game out for a significant amount of time, somehow. Hell, I didn't even buy the BO2 DLC and I'm glad I didn't. That would have never been something the old, CoD-me would have done. If it had the name "Call of Duty" on it, you could be sure that I would buy it. Don't consider me less of a fan because I don't glorify every piece of **** recent developers make. I rant because I am a true fan deep down.

Now about you guys. How much do you miss the old CoD days? Remember how addicting this game was. Too bad the rage outweighs the pleasure now, which I never thought was possible.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#2X_SpectatorPosted 2/4/2013 2:07:04 AM
Yawn...
#3YusukeUrameshi7Posted 2/4/2013 2:22:35 AM
Battlefield. You're welcome.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/BPDark%20Knight21
White FC - 0218-6548-7454
#4KabtheMentatPosted 2/4/2013 2:25:04 AM

I hope you don't mean console BF3, because that sucks.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#5YusukeUrameshi7Posted 2/4/2013 2:28:53 AM
KabtheMentat posted...

I wish I had the money for a Beast gaming rig but alas I am forever doomed to a sub-par Xbox BF3.
---
#6arena11Posted 2/4/2013 2:29:08 AM
I still believe that MW2/MW1 is the best. W@W had very inherent flaws, but those can be easily forgiven since at least the core mechanics are still there. BO1 began the downfall of this franchise as it started the radical departure from fast paced action to the stealth induced fest that plagues every game since. The core mechanics were still there in BO1, but started to fade massively. MW3 did not help this as for some odd reason Sledgehammer felt the need to shrink the maps and focus the game more on pointstreaks rather than gun on gun action. The ideas were there, and MW3 would have been a much better game, but they were implemented poorly ie. support. They even modified lag compensation to a point where the first few months were unplayable. Even now, it's not that good. BO2 might as well be unplayable in its current state. I wish MW3 was MW 2.5 tbh, then it would be a lot more fun.
#7arena11Posted 2/4/2013 2:30:49 AM
YusukeUrameshi7 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

I wish I had the money for a Beast gaming rig but alas I am forever doomed to a sub-par Xbox BF3.

BF3 isn't that bad on consoles, at least Dice is a decent developer, more than I can say for Treyarch and Sledgehammer.
#8YusukeUrameshi7Posted 2/4/2013 2:32:39 AM
arena11 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

BF3 isn't that bad on consoles, at least Dice is a decent developer, more than I can say for Treyarch and Sledgehammer.

They do care about the game, and the DLC's are new and thought out. Also lol @BO2 adding 1 SMG BF3 added 21 new weapons and a dozen or so vehicles.
---
#9ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/4/2013 2:34:38 AM
The CODmunity has brought it down that hill....

Too many fat kids are weighing the wagon down so we can't pull it back up the hill.

Do you even lift bro?
#10arena11Posted 2/4/2013 2:36:37 AM
arena11 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

They do care about the game, and the DLC's are new and thought out. Also lol @BO2 adding 1 SMG BF3 added 21 new weapons and a dozen or so vehicles.

CQ DOM ftw, one of the most fun domination modes I've ever played. How is Armored kill? I wanna use that AC-130, I hear it's so good not even funny.