Just put Black Ops 1 in, how the hell did they screw up this game?

#11cbc72Posted 2/4/2013 8:03:54 AM
Basically it comes down to map design and spawns.

MW3 and to a lesser extent, BO2 are designed so there is always a threat from your back or side. There are just too many directions to defend to get consistent high kill streaks.

For instance, remember the accolade for not getting shot in the back from MW2?

It is no coincidence that accolade no longer exists since MW3.
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#12HaahahahaPosted 2/4/2013 8:52:17 AM
X_Spectator posted...
It's gonna be ok baby. Do you want your mommy?

With a combination of black genes and her beauty. We might make a cooler less dorky version of you. Isnt that great? If your first half mullato brother comes out bad we'll just make more until she's in a wheelchair. Cause once you go black......

Also i agree 110% with TC. High killstreaks are simple to get in black ops because it requires prediction timing and skill. 3arc messed that up in BO2 by adding stupid random deaths from everywhere regardless of your instinct or reaction time. There is no reward for skill in Bo2 just 100+ kill videos based on luck and lag.

I say this because if an enemy had actually shot or was facing the right place at the right time those epic youtube videos wouldnt be so epic. I have no respect for players who show up when everyone is facing the opposite direction and then get a quad kill. Thats not skill thats luck or cheating
---
SoulSilverFC~ 4126 3793 3849
#13forgotten0285Posted 2/4/2013 9:31:32 AM
I hate Michael Moore movies because the dude takes a really abrasive and confrontational stand on divisive issues under the guise of providing a persuasive argument, but is ultimately unlikely to convert a single detractor to his point of view due to the fact that rather than addressing and deconstructing the positions of his opponents in a thoughtful way geared towards guiding them to an understanding of his point of view, he basically just calls them all D-bags and gets all up in their base when he's not authorized to be there.

So, thanks Michael Moore, for reaffirming my already present belief that Black Ops is better than Black Ops 2. I didn't need any convincing really, but I am glad you reminded me of my position on the subject. Would read again, but I don't think you will be able to persuade anyone who disagrees with you with that argument.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#14EvelSaiyanPosted 2/4/2013 9:41:58 AM
black ops was full of quickscopers, TC

I guess they've just all moved on to BO2 now.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#15TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 2/4/2013 9:51:11 AM
adeel posted...
X_Spectator posted...
It's gonna be ok baby. Do you want your mommy?

I was cuddling up to yours way too much last night, I'm fine thanks.

First round knockout! Now he's gonna try to get it modded lmao
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#16Silver17Posted 2/4/2013 10:23:02 AM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Usually competitive players are in the newest CoD.

The older CoDs are much easier now. Especially CoD4.

^ This

Plus when people wear nostalgia glasses, they forget what they *****ed about back when the game was mainstream...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#17TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 2/4/2013 10:36:44 AM
Silver17 posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
Usually competitive players are in the newest CoD.

The older CoDs are much easier now. Especially CoD4.

^ This

Plus when people wear nostalgia glasses, they forget what they *****ed about back when the game was mainstream...

I didn't forget anything. The only thing I hated about that game was "Host Ended Game." Why do people think liking CoD4 most is due to nostalgia? People just can't like it the most because they actually like it the most? To this day I still hate WaW except for the dismemberment and War game mode...but I guess I just lost that game's nostalgia glasses, right?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#18Sega9599Posted 2/4/2013 11:47:32 AM
Sacred_Asylum posted...
Got 'em.

All TC essentially said was "last cod bullets hit people, now bullets no hit people" which has been made a complaint in every single online game ever made.

And you stand up for him.

You.

You and your sacred ways.

Hidden and forgotten deep in your asylum, you huddle together for warmth and comfort. You'll never find your way out.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#19Smallville_FanPosted 2/4/2013 11:48:52 AM
adeel posted...
Go back to that game, everything feels steady, not slow, not boring, just very skill based, I shoot people? They die. They have to put multiple bullets in me before I drop, my screen turns red before I die. I don't just die. A guy with a sniper rifle? Yea, he's not running around with his sniper rifle, trying to quick-scope, swapping to his pistol and killing before I even have time to pick up my gun. He's at the back of the map, trying to, oh I don't know, snipe? Like he's supposed to. Oh yea, that guy with his SMG, sure he's good close range, but anything further than that then that player is at a huge disadvantage. unlike this game, where every guy and their pet is running around with a targerfinder-supresser-quickdraw-MSMC.

That guy with his shotgun is good close up, but that's it. Unlike the guy running around and killing me when he's 10 meters away because he has his long barrell that kills me in one hit even though he wasn't aiming at me.

I got 2 VSATS/Blackbirds, and had fun. I played Summit/Firing Range/Nuketown and Hanoei. Hardly any headglitching spots, people running around and having fun. Hardly anything in the air, the only annoying thing is the RCXD, which has to be controlled to get a kill. The Hunter Killer was put it for the sole purpose of stopping the more skilled players get their killstreaks. That's all, there is no thought, as that Lag Compensation video explains "The sole purpose of it, is to launch it in the air and it'll eventually ruin someones day", the sky isn't cluttered with anything in the air. Killstreaks don't drop before the commentator hasn't even stated it's coming. The maps aren't cramped full of useless exploding equipment everywhere.

I'm going to still play BO2. But I keep asking myself. In Black Ops, where you had to only get kills to get a killstreak, and I ran around constantly, and I didn't use Ghost, was I able to get VSAT/Dogs/Gunner consistently. Then on BO2, I sometimes have trouble getting a stealth chopper? Am I worse at BO2? Or am I just dying from typical bull that wasn't even my fault? Something for me to think about.

Stopped reading there. It's not nicknamed Bland Ops for no reason.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#20-vIc-LeGeNDPosted 2/4/2013 11:56:46 AM
adeel posted...
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Tl;dr : i like blops 1 cuz cuz lag comp.helped me a great deal.

Now in this one i need to put work in.and actually have to be good and strategic and not just a bullet sponge

Recently I was playing and got 2/3 swarms, while running and gunning, and died literally 5 times in 5 different games when I was 100 less points off a swarm. I'm not bad at the game at all, better than average, not incredibly amazing but I do my bit and regularly get VSATS/Stealth Choppers/Warthogs. But I still prefer how BO feels. You're not strategic at all on this game.

Game starts, run around the corner of the map, kill 2/3 people, flip spawn, stick to corner of map, kill 2/3 people. Rinse and repeat until you get VSAT > Dominate rest of game. Win.

DOM is similar, except you cap a flag or 2, wait for an enemy to jump on the flag, kill them, stick to corner of map, Let round end, next round use your VSAT > EMP, Let that rotate into your next VSAT, see opposite team quit, turn the game off because making people rage quit is boring as hell, put Cod4 in and then ask yourself "Is this what fun feels like?"

Yea except i dont play those gametypes

Those are for scrubs who wanna boost their k/d.....i play SnD where thwre is strategy in involved and maintain a 1.74 k/d in it..so.save mine bro...ur scrub who survived off of lag comp and now cry when its spread out more even..
---
gT= Ix UBOAF xI pSn=UBOAF
Sf4: Blanka,cammy,ONI, www.youtube.com/UBOAF