C/D: Adding too much stuff overcomplicates and ruins the game

#11XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:15:38 AM(edited)
Once high school gets out you'll see a lot more people saying D

Most of them are casuals. I mean I understand why it's good to add a bunch of crazy stuff for people to mess around with, but what about the competitive crowd? HUH? WHAT ABOUT US VONDERHAAR?!
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
I whine and cry about BO2 yet play it more than anything else. :(
#12TheJester2Posted 2/4/2013 9:21:20 AM
C.

BF3 actually got around this by making rough 80% of the unlockables for each gun just different types of scopes, so that you feel like you keep unlocking more and more things, but in reality it only effects your preference rather than the balance of the game itself.

Look at one of the major things all the "best" shooters have in common; they are relativly uncomplicated.
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
PSN: Whsguy
#13Soul_IntruderPosted 2/4/2013 9:25:47 AM
CoD is an FPS series for consoles, it will inherently have a low skill ceiling and remain casual because of slow and imprecise gamepad controls. Trying to make it competitive is a lost cause, they're doing the best thing they can with the nature of the series right now by keeping it varied and offering lots of freedom in playstyles. If you want barebones and deep competitiveness, play Counter Strike on the PC.
#14Sliq6969Posted 2/4/2013 10:13:36 AM
D

Nothing is even a little complicated, and the additions make the game get boring less quickly.
---
stop denying the fact
#15RoketomanPosted 2/4/2013 10:15:29 AM
C, mostly.

I wouldn't say it ruins it but they would be a lot better if they were more simple.
---
Christ is Lord
#16ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/4/2013 10:17:45 AM
C, but sadly, this:

ZephyrSSX posted...
Too late to take it away. The casuals would flip even though 99% of the community sticks with the same classes.

---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#17GraviosDestroyRPosted 2/4/2013 10:18:39 AM(edited)
Soul_Intruder posted...
CoD is an FPS series for consoles, it will inherently have a low skill ceiling and remain casual because of slow and imprecise gamepad controls. Trying to make it competitive is a lost cause, they're doing the best thing they can with the nature of the series right now by keeping it varied and offering lots of freedom in playstyles. If you want barebones and deep competitiveness, play Counter Strike on the PC.

What sucks is that it used to be a pretty good balance of being new-player friendly while still having a certain level of competitiveness, whereas now it just feels like they've added so much random crap that the skill ceiling has dropped substantially.

tl;dr i'm too bad to play CS competitively and COD has gotten too casual so idk wat do
---
GT: Men At Wok
http://www.facebook.com/constructs
#18FeelMyBladePosted 2/4/2013 10:21:18 AM
D
It depends on what is being added.

Good add: pick 10
Terrible add: deathstreaks
#19HaganPosted 2/4/2013 10:27:35 AM
Soul_Intruder posted...

I would with two things.

1. CoD should never be considered competitive, at least on a professional level.

2. Counter Strike was probably the definition for competitive FPSs'

I disagree that because a game is on a console it can't be competitive. Please see Halo CE and 2.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#20Sega9599Posted 2/4/2013 10:44:22 AM
GraviosDestroyR posted...

What sucks is that it used to be a pretty good balance of being new-player friendly while still having a certain level of competitiveness, whereas now it just feels like they've added so much random crap that the skill ceiling has dropped substantially.

tl;dr i'm too bad to play CS competitively and COD has gotten too casual so idk wat do

One sentence = tl:dr to you?

Anyway, why not play COD on PC? There you can finetune it to whatever way you want. 3/5/7? Done. Single perks/Barebones? No problem.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.