Merciless Medal challenge

#1Mr_SchickadancePosted 2/4/2013 12:14:45 PM
So I'm trying to do that emblem unlock thing where you need to get a Merciless Medal (10 kills in one life) with NO "items" equipped. I'm pretty sure that means a class with NOTHING but a lousy old knife.

However, the good news (I think) is that you need 10 kills to get the Merciless Medal (not gun kills, and what not, just any shape or form kills).

So I have Hunter Killer and Lightning strike for kill streaks. Is there a way to stack them? Like, can I save two hunter killers for my next life? My guess is no, but I still have hope :p

Any ideas? Has anyone completed this challenge and have any advice / tips? Game modes etc.? All help is appreciated!
#2BSiev1977Posted 2/4/2013 12:16:53 PM
What I wonder about this one is, can you pick up dropped weapons. Does the challenge criteria mean that you just have to START with nothing, but can pick stuff up?
#3Brown_BallerPosted 2/4/2013 12:17:22 PM
You could save up your streaks, but they dont count towards your merciless medal. Your best bet is to knife somebody then pick up their weapon.
---
"me fail English? That's unpossible"
#4Soul_IntruderPosted 2/4/2013 12:17:34 PM
I'm pretty sure scorestreak kills don't count towards killstreak medals.
#5Brown_BallerPosted 2/4/2013 12:18:39 PM
Also, i found it easiest in free for all. Start off with a class with nothing equipped, and roll with uav cuav and hunter killer. (hunter killer to throw at enemy uavs). then just play cautious
---
#6Mr_Schickadance(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:22:33 PM
Yeah, I was under the impression that you can pick up guns. If not, I'll just give up now lol.

But I thought kill streak kills did count towards medals of any kind.

What about these people going for nuclears (30 kills)? I thought the strategy was to camp it out until they got the big kill streaks then let 'em rip. If not, that must be one heck of a challenge.

I hope the killstreaks do count. Because I think I'll lose all hope if they don't. Getting 3 maybe even 4 from a hunterkiller and lighting strike combined really makes it easier :(
#7Brown_BallerPosted 2/4/2013 1:03:32 PM
nope, nuclear is from guns knives and equipment only. Half these people who have it boosted it.
---
#8DeadSPosted 2/4/2013 1:05:08 PM
killstreaks dont count towards any kill challenges or camo's
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#9Sputnik1337Posted 2/4/2013 3:20:18 PM
just pick up some dudes gun and go ham
---
z