I'm sick of these small maps

#1slord23Posted 2/4/2013 3:51:51 PM
Most of the maps in this game are smaller than ones in the other Call of Duty's, which is fun sometimes, but I would like to see some variety in them. The only map that is really a decently large size is Turbine, but I hardly ever get to play on it. IMO the maps from MW2 were a great size, and had a lot of good variety in them. In this game I feel like I am being funneled into pretty much three lanes on the map.

I think the best made maps in this game(not necessarily the most fun) are: Overflow, Raid, and Standoff. Most multiplayer games build maps where there is a circle of game flow around the map, but on most of the maps on this game it is more of a tight oval. MW2 maps weren't nearly as cut and dry as these. There were many that had multiple alternate routes to multiple hotspots on a map(not just one), such as: Estate, Favela, Rundown, Terminal, and Fuel.

Hopefully with more DLC they will begin to return to the larger, more dynamic maps that they had in the past, even some similar to Stadium, Summit, or Villa from BO1.
---
---
[XBL: slord23 ] Send me a friend request already!
#2fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 3:52:59 PM
Blame the community having an eternal hard-on for Nuketown. Notice how the games after BO1 had almost all horrible CQC maps in them?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#3wehomiesPosted 2/4/2013 3:54:26 PM
wait til they make a cube map with nothing but you and the enemies with zero environmental objects

it will be the most popular map as everyone goes 100-100
pro
#4NidtendofreakPosted 2/4/2013 3:56:00 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Blame the community having an eternal hard-on for Nuketown. Notice how the games after BO1 had almost all horrible CQC maps in them?

This.

You want to send a message that you want more large, open maps? Play Carrier and Turbine constantly. Not even joking, as bad as Carrier is those are the only two options we have. If Treyarch and IW see an unusually large percentage of matches being played on those two maps, they will create larger maps in their next CoD titles. They want to keep the fanbase happy and use map voting to figure out what type of maps the fanbase wants.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#5duericPosted 2/4/2013 3:56:53 PM
There are only 2 small maps.

Nuketown and Hijacked. Maybe Slums.

The rest are all medium to large.

The problem is that a lot of the other maps tend to play small because of their complexity. Too many spots to watch at once, etc..
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6slord23(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:59:50 PM
I don't mind the small maps, but they just need to be in moderation. There should be a good balance of S-M-L maps, say; 5 Small, 5 Medium, 5 Large, instead of what we have now which is pretty much 8 Small, 4 Medium, 3 Large.
---
---
[XBL: slord23 ] Send me a friend request already!
#7ManTigerPosted 2/4/2013 4:00:52 PM
wehomies posted...
wait til they make a cube map with nothing but you and the enemies with zero environmental objects

it will be the most popular map as everyone goes 100-100
pro

sounds very possible for cod developers to make actually.
#8BoyWitArabStrapPosted 2/4/2013 4:01:19 PM
It's not CQC if you know how to navigate the maps well. I had to figure this out the hard way.

It's possible to do well on Plaza, Raid, Hijacked and the other small maps with snipers if you really wanted to.
---
Mas tragem Lucifer pra mim
Em una bandeja, pra mim
#9gamester091Posted 2/4/2013 4:01:39 PM
dueric posted...
There are only 2 small maps.

Nuketown and Hijacked. Maybe Slums.

The rest are all medium to large.

The problem is that a lot of the other maps tend to play small because of their complexity. Too many spots to watch at once, etc..

This, tho i think of Slums as more of a Medium map....Its just that these maps have so much CQC that they feel small.
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#10GreatKiraLordPosted 2/4/2013 4:02:32 PM
Well, it's more like there are way too many chokepoints in pretty much every single map.