What's everybodies opinion on league play?

#1TimmotheussPosted 2/4/2013 5:09:39 PM(edited)
I don't hear much talk about it, but I've seen a few videos talking about how the championship series can get you an all expense trip to CODXP (that was apparently announced) and have an opportunity to play for a million dollar prize pool. That being said, the playlist is fairly dead for all the emphasis vonderhaar put on "e-sports".

What do you like/hate about it? Why do/don't you play it? The fact that the host dashboarding gives you a loss is almost reason Itself for me not to wanna get too into it.
---
GT: Pipfection
The R870 is very difficult to use
#2matrix0523Posted 2/4/2013 5:41:38 PM
Go to school.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#3duericPosted 2/4/2013 5:42:49 PM
My opinion?

If you're going to have a "ranked" playlist, that should be the only playlist that offers leaderboards and public stat tracking.

Otherwise, it's redundant.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4FeelMyBladePosted 2/4/2013 6:19:17 PM
My friends play it, but I have never really tried it.

They are level 40 at the moment. I think if someone is interested in competition, they should go for it.
#5the_reaper849Posted 2/4/2013 6:23:19 PM
got to level 43 platinum rank. but dropped to 83 by the end of the season because the matchmaking for league sucks.

i got put on teams with the lowest of the low (iron i think?) against full parties of silvers/golds.

i would play in a party but i havent found anyone who plays league.
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.
#6slord23Posted 2/4/2013 6:30:13 PM
I believe that League play is a good thing. It makes me think back to the ranked playlists from Halo 3(By the way, wasn't that supposed to be coming for Halo 4?)

If people want to play competitively, they have the option too, but if they want to have fun and just play with friends, then they can also do that. League play gives the people who like to team up with friends the opportunity to play with other people doing the same thing and people on their skill level. In my opinion, the Team Deathmatch series makes no sense, since there are no rule changes, but I really like how the Championship Series changes some things about the game to make it a more even playing field for everyone.
---
---
[XBL: slord23 ] Send me a friend request already!
#7Timmotheuss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:34:20 PM
matrix0523 posted...
Go to school.

Figures someone who's terrible wouldn't have an actual opinion on a competitive playlist.
---
GT: Pipfection
The R870 is very difficult to use
#8_Goomba_35Posted 2/4/2013 8:29:34 PM
I like competition. There's a lot less BS involved than pubs. I don't play it as much b/c I'd love to have a team of four to actually do well consistently. And don't put the responsibility of finding consistent team mates on League play.
---
GT GodabmooG
http://royalkingdom.ipbfree.com/index.php?
#9ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/4/2013 8:31:00 PM
dueric posted...
My opinion?

If you're going to have a "ranked" playlist, that should be the only playlist that offers leaderboards and public stat tracking.

Otherwise, it's redundant.

This. Most of the "tryhards" don't want to play League Play because they'd rather pad their stats in pubs.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#10Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 8:33:51 PM
I don't see what the point is.

I get to have skill based matchmaking in a game that has skill based matchmaking anyway, and I get to have my stats affected although nothing I do actually contributes towards progression of challenges or unlocks.

So ... yeah, what's the point?

Also, LOL at the idea of "solo" rank in League play. Until there's FFA, solo rank is still just like W/L ratio - an indicator of how often you play with a team.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]