What's everybodies opinion on league play?

#11fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 9:35:17 PM
Its more fun watching actual pro players play that when there's no current tourneys going on, rather than watching them pubstomp.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#12DerPancakePosted 2/4/2013 9:36:41 PM
League Play is the best addition to CoD, though Team Deathmatch League Play sucks, more camping than normal TDM. Though it should have a Domination mode.
---
WiiU ID: GermanicMexican
PSN: WheatWithWeed
#13_Goomba_35Posted 2/4/2013 9:46:10 PM
Foxx3k posted...
I don't see what the point is.

I get to have skill based matchmaking in a game that has skill based matchmaking anyway, and I get to have my stats affected although nothing I do actually contributes towards progression of challenges or unlocks.

So ... yeah, what's the point?

Also, LOL at the idea of "solo" rank in League play. Until there's FFA, solo rank is still just like W/L ratio - an indicator of how often you play with a team.

League play is vastly different than pubs.
---
GT GodabmooG
http://royalkingdom.ipbfree.com/index.php?
#14Lerp85Posted 2/4/2013 9:54:46 PM
The fact that it takes so dang long to find a match, and that it puts all ranks in matches together which makes the qualifying and ranking pointless, makes it stupid IMO.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#15matrix0523Posted 2/4/2013 9:58:10 PM(edited)
matrix0523 posted...
Go to school.

Figures someone who's terrible wouldn't have an actual opinion on a competitive playlist.

You're a +20K. Don't talk to me about competitive. You're a joke. You're like, 20 and you still haven't even thought of going to college. Pathetic.

You're not even good at this game.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#16WariofanaticPosted 2/4/2013 9:59:38 PM(edited)
I hate league play. Search times are dreadfully long and unless you play with a party of friends you're screwed by either bad team mates or quitters.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKHRKUzd6KI&feature=youtu.be
#17Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 10:01:58 PM
_Goomba_35 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

I get to have skill based matchmaking in a game that has skill based matchmaking anyway, and I get to have my stats affected although nothing I do actually contributes towards progression of challenges or unlocks.

Also, LOL at the idea of "solo" rank in League play. Until there's FFA, solo rank is still just like W/L ratio - an indicator of how often you play with a team.

Connection determines 75% of matches.
Other 25% is a complete and utter blow out one way or another.

... yeah it's not that much different.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#18_Goomba_35Posted 2/4/2013 10:43:32 PM
Foxx3k posted...
_Goomba_35 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Connection determines 75% of matches.
Other 25% is a complete and utter blow out one way or another.

... yeah it's not that much different.

Other than the fact that isn't true. Skill, team work, knowledge, and a little bit of luck determines who wins -- not connection. You can go 49-0 and win the laggiest match you played, but lose to the team who played better. Seeing as this happened tonight, I'm more inclined to believe that over your opinion on the role of connection in determining the outcome of most matches. A team doesn't got 49-0 or make it to Masters division based on connection. And if by shear luck that does occur, it would be the exception, not the rule.

The same can even be said about pubs. If one plays with 6 competent teammates then they should win more often than not based on skill, not connection. And they should lose when they run into a better group of people -- not to a team which lags. You can't say my buddies and I won 17 matches in a row based on connection in pubs.

It is much different than pubs, if you deny that then you're ignorant. Do you need a list of differences? Because anyone who plays should be able to clearly notice the vast difference there is between pubs and league play. Maps, game types, amount of players, level of skill, limitations of create a class and pointstreaks change the dynamics of how each game is played immensely. This becomes increasingly more true as you progress up the ladder and through each division. That is an element which pubs doesn't have.

Please tell me how league play is more similar than different. Skill, team work, and knowledge play a more substantial role in league play than pubs.
---
GT GodabmooG
#19Donuts_R_GoodPosted 2/4/2013 10:45:01 PM
I have yet to even touch League Play, but when I do, it'll only be for the achievement.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#20_Goomba_35Posted 2/4/2013 10:47:13 PM
Wariofanatic posted...
I hate league play. Search times are dreadfully long and unless you play with a party of friends you're screwed by either bad team mates or quitters.

Foxx you can learn from this. He has a legitimate reason to dislike league play. While I don't wholeheartedly agree with his search time quarrel, I do agree that in the lower divisions, one runs into many terrible team mates and quitters.
---
GT GodabmooG