Prestiging sucks at first. whats your favorite box tuning.

#12200rmsPosted 2/4/2013 6:31:20 PM
I felt severely gimped without engineer. I perma unlocked black hats but without scavenger and betties in FFA its a lot harder to get score streaks. 32hz for subwoofer tuning is awesome. 40 is to peaky.
#2duericPosted 2/4/2013 6:41:23 PM
Prestiging does suck.

What do you mean about box tuning? Are you talking setting the crossover?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/4/2013 6:43:02 PM
It honestly feels like it is rather easy jumping back up to the level 30's after prestiging.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#42200rms(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:51:27 PM
dueric posted...
Prestiging does suck.

No man the you get the box tuning with a ported box. Its the size of the port related to size of the box. A lower tuning will be better on low notes but not as loud. If you tune it to 40 Hz it will give you more SPL but will not push as much air.
#5duericPosted 2/4/2013 6:54:42 PM
2200rms posted...
dueric posted...
Prestiging does suck.

No man the you get the box tuning with a ported box. Its the size of the port related to size of the box. A lower tuning will be better on low notes but not as loud. If you tune it to 40 Hz it will give you more SPL but will not push as much air.

Ah. Is that like for car boxes? I don't really have much experience on that end.

Never heard of such a thing for a home theater setup. I keep my subs on the low cost end and put all the money into the fronts and center. So I likely wouldn't need something like that in my setup.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#62200rms(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:03:03 PM
Yeah its mainly used in Car audio. A lot of Home theater subs are ported but I don't know what the standard tuning for them would be. Probably pretty low because a lot of movies like to use the really low end rumble. Audioque has pretty beastly subs and amps for decent prices and their amps put out what they say they will. If you have enough power going to it. I bought 1 18 sub for close to 400 bucks. But just 1 sub rattles shelves inside gas stations and stuff.
#7duericPosted 2/4/2013 7:10:09 PM
2200rms posted...
Yeah its mainly used in Car audio. A lot of Home theater subs are ported but I don't know what the standard tuning for them would be. Probably pretty low because a lot of movies like to use the really low end rumble. Audioque has pretty beastly subs and amps for decent prices and their amps put out what they say they will. If you have enough power going to it. I bought 1 18 sub for close to 400 bucks. But just 1 sub rattles shelves inside gas stations and stuff.

Yeah. The setups get much more elaborate in cars because you're generally dealing with raw components. So your customization and power options are limitless.

I've seen some car setups that put my home s*** to shame. LOL

But I wouldn't even know where to start as far as setting up a car system would go. I mean, I get the general idea and can put it all together, but I've never really had much need to explore the details of maximizing efficiency.
---
#8nissan skylinePosted 2/4/2013 7:14:21 PM
lol @ people who gut their cars for sound systems
---
cogito ergo zoom
#92200rms(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:16:29 PM
dueric posted...
2200rms posted...

Yeah. The setups get much more elaborate in cars because you're generally dealing with raw components. So your customization and power options are limitless.

I've seen some car setups that put my home s*** to shame. LOL

But I wouldn't even know where to start as far as setting up a car system would go. I mean, I get the general idea and can put it all together, but I've never really had much need to explore the details of maximizing efficiency.

LOL. I have a 18 in a supercab F-150. Its not discreet or anything becuase an 18 needs 6 cubic feet of air space. I just have a huge box behind my passenger seat. I like it a truck though because the cab vibrates a little but not nearly as bad as the ghetto trunk rattle a lot of peopl get. If I ever win the lotto I saw some bad a$$ home theater subs for like to grand. they were like 2500 watt rms dual 18s I think they are made by velodyne or something like that.
#10duericPosted 2/4/2013 7:23:58 PM
2200rms posted...

LOL. I have a 18 in a supercab F-150. Its not discreet or anything becuase an 18 needs 6 cubic feet of air space. I just have a huge box behind my passenger seat. I like it a truck though because the cab vibrates a little but not nearly as bad as the ghetto trunk rattle a lot of peopl get. If I ever win the lotto I saw some bad a$$ home theater subs for like to grand. they were like 2500 watt rms dual 18s I think they are made by velodyne or something like that.

The thing about home theater setups is unless your receiver/amp can drive that type of power, you'd be wasting all that ability of those types of subs.

I can't think of any home theater receivers in a normal person's budget that can even come close to putting out that type of sustained power.
---