Question about cod4

#1crazyeightz1Posted 2/4/2013 7:40:04 PM
With bo2 being my first cod, I have never played CoD4. I was thinking of purchasing it and experience what made it so special with cod players. Question I have is my buddy said that the game is 6 years ago they might not have the servers up for it anymore. Can anybody tell me if the servers are still up please. I don't want to buy the game and then realizing there are no way to mp on it.
#2gamester091Posted 2/4/2013 7:44:04 PM
The servers are sill up, but there are hackers that spawn outside/above the map.

As much as i love CoD4, its not worth buying this late into the series....you wont see the love that people have for the game, especially with this game being 5 after it.
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#3xnxbxaxPosted 2/4/2013 7:45:01 PM
You won't like it.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97exc7UKF1rexifho1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif
#4fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 7:48:01 PM
I just finished playing tonight. Insane fun. Didn't encounter more than 1 hacker, and he quit after getting pounded.

Anybody who tells you its completely hacked is a liar.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#5gamester091Posted 2/4/2013 7:50:29 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I just finished playing tonight. Insane fun. Didn't encounter more than 1 hacker, and he quit after getting pounded.

Anybody who tells you its completely hacked is a liar.

I didnt say it was completely hacked, but i did say there are hackers. CoD4 is nowhere near as bad as WaW...where people run around with god mode and people spawn with every weapon in zombies....
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#6fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 7:51:01 PM
I didnt say it was completely hacked, but i did say there are hackers.

I know you didn't say that, but most of the time people cite that as the reason they don't play it.
---
#7__redxiii__Posted 2/4/2013 7:52:03 PM
Like W@W the more glitchers/modders you block on the player review the easier it is to find regular games. It's just you have to keep joining lobbies with modders and avoiding them.
#8NejiHyuga900Posted 2/4/2013 8:12:49 PM
If you are getting CoD4, I recommend that you get it for PC because the console versions are heavily hacked (but I don't know if they are bad as WaW). There are less hackers on PC but there are many modders, which aren't as bad as hackers.

Anyways if you want to play non-modded games on the PC, I suggest that you play against bots via Pezbot mod. I am using the Pezbotwaw mod for WaW on PC and I am having a lot of fun compared to online gaming (and you still will earn XP and rank up).

If you are getting CoD4 for the Campaign, then get either console or PC version (whatever you prefer).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#9fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 8:14:38 PM
because the console versions are heavily hacked

-________-
---
#10obiwan23sPosted 2/4/2013 8:22:25 PM
Probably not worth getting at this point, honestly. I've played every COD while it was still new and yeah COD4 was awesome when it came out but with everything new that's been added each year, it's just not the same. Even when I go back and play it now, I find myself wishing I had some element of the Create-A-Class that was added in a later game, or a perk that's not even in the game, things like that. It's good that you like COD enough to want to go back and play the old ones, but I'd go back to MW2 instead of COD4. It has more stuff for you to work with, better maps and is actually one of the best in the series.