Question about cod4

#11crazyeightz1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:53:04 PM
I want to play the multiplayer and I'm only going to get it on xbox because my computer is an old laptop that doesn't run games fast anymore. I can get a preowned version online for 10 dollars. Is it worth getting even with all the hackers because it's only ten bucks? I want to experience what I've heard are the best maps in the series.
#12GL17CHPosted 2/4/2013 9:55:41 PM
xnxbxax posted...
You won't like it.
#13fatclemenzaPosted 2/4/2013 9:55:43 PM
Is it worth getting even with all the hackers because it's only ten bucks?

I just finished playing tonight. Insane fun. Didn't encounter more than 1 hacker, and he quit after getting pounded.

Anybody who tells you its completely hacked is a liar.

---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#14ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/4/2013 9:56:25 PM
crazyeightz1 posted...
I want to play the multiplayer and I'm only going to get it on xbox because my computer is an old laptop that doesn't run games fast anymore. I can get a preowned version online for 10 dollars. Is it worth getting even with all the hackers because it's only ten bucks? I want to experience what I've heard are the best maps in the series.

Like fatclemenza said, there aren't that many hackers anymore. There were for a time, but it has gotten much better since then. I'd definitely recommend it for $10.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#15BrownPackPosted 2/4/2013 9:58:36 PM
gamester091 posted...
fatclemenza posted...
I just finished playing tonight. Insane fun. Didn't encounter more than 1 hacker, and he quit after getting pounded.

Anybody who tells you its completely hacked is a liar.

I didnt say it was completely hacked, but i did say there are hackers. CoD4 is nowhere near as bad as WaW...where people run around with god mode and people spawn with every weapon in zombies....

This and This.

You'll run into hackers here and there, but it isn't half as bad as World at War. Cod4 is still a great experience.
#16Monticore_BitesPosted 2/4/2013 10:09:00 PM
COD 4 and WaW are better than Blops2. They are the only times me and my friends enjoy playing this series anymore and there are not exclusively hacked maps.
#17XxOblivion77Posted 2/4/2013 10:12:54 PM
crazyeightz1 posted...

Like fatclemenza said, there aren't that many hackers anymore. There were for a time, but it has gotten much better since then. I'd definitely recommend it for $10.

W-what?

*runs to play CoD4*
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
I whine and cry about BO2 yet play it more than anything else. :(
#18metalclashPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:15 PM
me and my friends enjoyed WaW and MW2. Nothing else, we chose Halo 3 instead of CoD4.

anyway, everything about WaW was simple, simple guns, gamemodes and tactics. MW2 mixed it up a bit but a good team would still tramp overa bad one. Not so much in more recent cod's, there is too much crap involved
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#19FeelMyBladePosted 2/4/2013 11:41:54 PM
Go for it. One of the best cods. You can probably pick it up for cheap too.

Btw, if you kill someone and you see score popping up in red, turn off your console immediately, or dashboard.
#20chessmyantidrugPosted 2/4/2013 11:46:42 PM
Call of Duty 4 is completely different from this game. If you do play it, go into it without any expectations.