Someone help me please....(Connection Problem)

#1GameFan692Posted 2/4/2013 8:57:24 PM
Ok, so let me start off by saying that I have Verizon Fios and it came with a router/modem. I have three xboxes (1 ethernet and 2 wireless) connected to this router/modem as well as a laptop, a printer, and 5 iphones. With just this verizon router/modem we had no lag problems whatsoever in Blops 2 except that we couldn't play in the same game because apparently the verizon router is not very xbox compatible.

So, we bought a new router (Belkin - forget which one but it was $160) and now we can play with each other. The ethernet for my xbox is now wired directly into the Belkin router which is then wired to the original verizon one. The two wireless xboxes are also now connected to the Belkin. Ok, so now we can play with each other but it seems that our connection is more laggy (sometimes 4 bar but mostly 2-3 bar) and our host is horrendous online. So what gives? The connection before this new router was perfect so I'm assuming it isn't just bandwidth problems? Any suggestions guys? Please, it's really frustrating........
---
GT: DarKShoTs
#2GameFan692(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:53:19 PM
bump
---
GT: DarKShoTs
#3360fan21Posted 2/4/2013 10:35:33 PM
open your ports on your router ,see if upnp is enabled, and that your nat is open.