lightning strikes should be 875 points

#1ThugLife247Posted 2/4/2013 10:09:48 PM
also, hunter killers would be better off being 575 points

lightning strikes are a bit OP, but this is exacerbated by the fact that any bad player running hardline can get it by doing only a small amount of work. countless times i have been mauled by the lightning strike in the middle of a long scorestreak. they occur too many times for a scorestreak that theoretically could wipe out an entire enemy team. raising the scorestreak would prevent >33% of its users from getting it, which is also the same amount of people who have no business achieving it in the first place. the hellstorm missile is a more logical option for mediocre players, and it's only 50 points less than a lightning strike. the gap needs to be larger, considering the hellstorm missile can be useful, but not as devastating or easy as the lightning strike, a higher reward.

hunter killers are annoying too, but I don't mind them that much. if anything, there should be a counter to it (flak jacket). it should kill you 99% of the time, but if it's not a direct impact or you're at full health it shouldn't be able to kill you, assuming you run FJ. increasing the scorestreak criteria by 50 wouldn't be a bad idea either, making it a bit harder to get (and less spammable) but still easy enough for most players to get it
---
i won't deny it, i'm a straigt ridah
you don't wanna f*** with me
#2Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 10:11:02 PM
imo just give players a few seconds of spawn invulnerability (from killstreaks only) and the lightning strike won't be a big deal.

I'm just tired of dying as soon as I spawn because anybody smart just throws lightning strikes on the spawn points.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3ThugLife247(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:12:16 PM
Foxx3k posted...
imo just give players a few seconds of spawn invulnerability (from killstreaks only) and the lightning strike won't be a big deal.

I'm just tired of dying as soon as I spawn because anybody smart just throws lightning strikes on the spawn points.

YES this would be a great solution as well

too many times i have been killed immediately into joining a game, prompting me to ragequit out of principle
---
#4glowuptheballPosted 2/4/2013 10:12:41 PM
I think UAV should just be 300 points. There's been huge amounts of campers ever since the DLC. I mean it's not like they're hard to blow down, there's ghost and people are too busy trying to get Orbital VSAT, dogs and swarm to use it.
---
#5NidtendofreakPosted 2/4/2013 10:13:24 PM
Foxx3k posted...

We had that in MW3.

It ended with people being immune to Juggernauts when they first spawned along with lots of other issues.

If somebody is smart enough to guess the spawn, they deserve the kills.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#6ZephyrSSXPosted 2/4/2013 10:13:40 PM
Just remove the damn auto-UAV from it.
---
jekin dixterd > rotchiten clunk
#7Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 10:14:38 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
Foxx3k posted...

We had that in MW3.

It ended with people being immune to Juggernauts when they first spawned along with lots of other issues.

If somebody is smart enough to guess the spawn, they deserve the kills.

No they don't. In no situation should a player's ability to survive be taken out of his hands. Lightning strike has no counter.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8ThugLife247(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:16:05 PM
glowuptheball posted...
I think UAV should just be 300 points. There's been huge amounts of campers ever since the DLC. I mean it's not like they're hard to blow down, there's ghost and people are too busy trying to get Orbital VSAT, dogs and swarm to use it.

as someone who runs VSAT, dogs, and swarm, i can say that most of my matches the enemy team will spam UAVs the entire match. seriously, 425 points isn't that hard to get, and considering most of the community uses hardline i've never had a problem with my teammates not providing UAV support
---
#9AlexanaxelaPosted 2/4/2013 10:16:20 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
Just remove the damn auto-UAV from it.

but the "place the reticule here, here, and here" is the best part :<
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#10glowuptheballPosted 2/4/2013 10:17:41 PM
ThugLife247 posted...
glowuptheball posted...

as someone who runs VSAT, dogs, and swarm, i can say that most of my matches the enemy team will spam UAVs the entire match. seriously, 425 points isn't that hard to get, and considering most of the community uses hardline i've never had a problem with my teammates not providing UAV support

What about team death match? I mean millimeter scanner doesn't really help against silenced LSATs right at the beginning of the game.
---