Man, do I love having my ass handed to me by people with .6 KDs.

#31ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/4/2013 10:49:43 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Okay. I concede.

Skill: 0.05%
Connection: 99.95%

Skill does play a factor. Knowing which trigger fires is important. Knowing that if you're lagging you might as well throw betties everywhere maybe counts as skill, although it doesn't involve reactions, precision, coordination, any sort of finesse ...

Lmao, I still can't believe you think connection is THAT important.

I guess I just always get lucky in FFA and always manage to get put into favorable connection lobbies. Has nothing to do with my abilities as a player...I just have awesome luck and never get put into lobbies where the connection isn't great. Nevermind the fact that my roommates don't do as well as me when they play. As soon as they have the controller, the luck turns and they must be getting put into unfavorable lobbies since they usually don't do well.

This is pointless, though. Clearly you're not changing your opinion, despite me providing plenty of evidence as to why skill plays a decently large role in one's performance. The fact that I can consistently do well, regardless of whether I'm on a 4 bar or a 3 bar, regardless of however many host migrations occur, must just be an amazing coincidence. I'm just an unbelievably lucky guy with a perfect connection :D
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#32HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/4/2013 10:49:56 PM
Foxx3k posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
CaffeineSnorter posted...

Doesn't matter too much if you are a camper.

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but anyone who has played with me/seen my play knows I play pretty damn aggressively. Not to mention it'd be hard to have a 500 SPM if I was always camping.

So are you just going to keep trying to convince us that you're an ultra badass? That's really not how forums work, you should know.

I looked you up on Elite. You went 32-24 in one round, and then 36-0 in the next one. Let me guess. You had a bad connection on 32-24 and a good one on 36-0, but no, connection was no part of your good round. That was all skill, right buddy?

Maybe it was a bad game or he played against more skilled opposition?
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#33ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/4/2013 10:52:42 PM
Foxx3k posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
CaffeineSnorter posted...

Doesn't matter too much if you are a camper.

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but anyone who has played with me/seen my play knows I play pretty damn aggressively. Not to mention it'd be hard to have a 500 SPM if I was always camping.

So are you just going to keep trying to convince us that you're an ultra badass? That's really not how forums work, you should know.

I looked you up on Elite. You went 32-24 in one round, and then 36-0 in the next one. Let me guess. You had a bad connection on 32-24 and a good one on 36-0, but no, connection was no part of your good round. That was all skill, right buddy?

Saying I play aggressively and providing evidence = convincing that I'm an ultra badass? Alright buddy.

I haven't gone 36-0 recently. I've been sniping all night, hence why I went 32-24. I have plenty of off games when I'm running around quickscoping, considering that any decent player has an advantage over me since they're using an AR/SMG most likely. You want me to play with an An-94 or PDW for a few rounds and then you can check back?

And stop putting words into my mouth. I already stated that connection plays a decent role in BO2. It's just not nearly as large of a role as you and others make it out to be.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#34Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 10:54:27 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Okay. I concede.

Skill does play a factor. Knowing which trigger fires is important. Knowing that if you're lagging you might as well throw betties everywhere maybe counts as skill, although it doesn't involve reactions, precision, coordination, any sort of finesse ...

I guess I just always get lucky in FFA and always manage to get put into favorable connection lobbies. Has nothing to do with my abilities as a player...I just have awesome luck and never get put into lobbies where the connection isn't great. Nevermind the fact that my roommates don't do as well as me when they play. As soon as they have the controller, the luck turns and they must be getting put into unfavorable lobbies since they usually don't do well.

This is pointless, though. Clearly you're not changing your opinion, despite me providing plenty of evidence as to why skill plays a decently large role in one's performance. The fact that I can consistently do well, regardless of whether I'm on a 4 bar or a 3 bar, regardless of however many host migrations occur, must just be an amazing coincidence. I'm just an unbelievably lucky guy with a perfect connection :D

You're right. Neither of us will budge. But, for my own curiosity's sake, what % of this game do you think is skill, as opposed to luck, connection, or equipment selection.

You can keep thinking that you're God's greatest gift to COD.
And I will keep thinking this game rewards the connection.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#35glowuptheballPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:35 PM
10% luck/connection
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain
and 100% reason my K/D stays the same.
---
#36ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/4/2013 11:04:19 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Okay. I concede.

You're right. Neither of us will budge. But, for my own curiosity's sake, what % of this game do you think is skill, as opposed to luck, connection, or equipment selection.

You can keep thinking that you're God's greatest gift to COD.
And I will keep thinking this game rewards the connection.

Well it depends. Equipment selection can be a huge % for me depending on whether I'm quickscoping or using an AR/SMG/LMG. I consider a 2 K/D pretty good if I'm sniping, but I'd say that's a pretty bad game for me if I'm using an AR/SMG/LMG. This explains that 32-24 game. I'm not claiming that I can use any gun and any playstyle and always hold a 2 K/D. But give me an AR or an SMG and I guarantee I hold a 2 K/D 10/10 times against .6 K/D players. But if it comes down to just using an M27 versus a FAL or AN94, then it really doesn't play that big of a role.

As for skill vs connection, I'd say skill plays a larger role. Maybe, say, 70% skill and 30% connection.

To prove my point about equipment:

Mk48 - 1253 kills, 4.89 K/D
DSR - 1092 kills, 2.01 K/D
An-94 - 767 kills, 2.74 K/D
Ballista - 516 kills, 1.95 K/D
SMR - 512 kills, 4.06 K/D
MTAR - 510 kills, 3.04 K/D
Peacekeeper - 324 kills, 3.24 K/D
XPR - 457 kills, 2.19 K/D

So as you can see, my K/Ds with snipers are all quite a bit lower than reg guns. It's simply much harder to run around and play aggressively with snipers compared to other weapons. So my 32-24 game really isn't that absurd considering I was using a sniper.
---
#37ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:02:59 PM
50% skill
50% connection

There's games that I've played where I've just laughed while killing people thinking 'wow, this is how it feels to be on the good side of lag comp, they're not even shooting at me or acknowledging I'm there'... then you hear the rage in the killcams.

There's games that I've played where I've just laughed while getting killed by people thinking 'wow, this connection is just pure crap, it's taking me 20 bullets per kill even on stationary campers, yet I'm only dying in 1 and the killcams show me shooting random walls or not shooting at all'.

I RARELY have 'consistent' sessions on this game... In MW3, I would have consistent sessions all the time. Say I play for an hour in a few different lobbies in MW3. My KD would be right around my career KD. Sometimes higher or lower by .15... Not in here, I can play for an hour in numerous different lobbies and my KD can be .4 lower to 1.4 higher than my career KD.... All depends on what was going on with hosting in those games. Also depends on how many teleporters were on the enemy team.
#38Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 11:05:48 PM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
50% skill
50% connection

There's games that I've played where I've just laughed while killing people thinking 'wow, this is how it feels to be on the good side of lag comp, they're not even shooting at me or acknowledging I'm there'... then you hear the rage in the killcams.

There's games that I've played where I've just laughed while getting killed by people thinking 'wow, this connection is just pure crap, it's taking me 20 bullets per kill even on stationary campers, yet I'm only dying in 1 and the killcams show me shooting random walls or not shooting at all'.

I RARELY have 'consistent' sessions on this game... In MW3, I would have consistent sessions all the time. Say I play for an hour in a few different lobbies in MW3. My KD would be right around my career KD. Sometimes higher or lower by .15... Not in here, I can play for an hour in numerous different lobbies and my KD can be .4 lower to 1.4 higher than my career KD.... All depends on what was going on with hosting in those games. Also depends on how many teleporters were on the enemy team.

I thing I miss about MW3 (or, well, basically any other MP game ever) is that if everybody in the lobby had a four bar connection, I had a reasonable expectation of what kind of game experience I would have.

In this game ... every player could have four bars and it could be an unplayable mess. Conversely, every player could have three bars and it could play beautifully. It's just an absurd mess.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#39Proudleaf24Posted 2/4/2013 11:06:25 PM
First off, I'm not that great of a player. I only have a 2.2 KD and a 1.5ish W/L.

But, I can completely sympathize with the TC and a couple of other posters: a good connection can seriously hinder you in this game. I don't have speedtest results from my ISP back home, but it's 5x slower than this: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487020261.png

That right there is the connection I play on, and I experience the same **** that the TC and that the Fox guy experiences. Even playing as host doesn't guarantee the jesus hax that BO1 offered it's very, very inconsistent in this game.

Anyone who thinks that the multitude of posters complaining about this crap are all LOLBADKIDS are idiots.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#40ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:08:01 PM
I love using Snipers and shotguns and shooting at people and not hitting them....

I LOVED using shotguns in MW3, Model 1887 was my favorite.

I thought the KSG being a slug shotgun would be awesome, since I always ADS and had pretty damn good aim with a shotgun... NOPE! Not here. The player models are no where near where they 'are'...

I barely have any shotgun kills and just CAN'T use them in 75% of the games since they don't give me hitmarkers on people. Oh yea sure, you just rushed straight at me as I fired 2 shots from this R870 and you knifed me... His screen shows me never shooting once and just standing there herping and derping....