Man, do I love having my ass handed to me by people with .6 KDs.

#41ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 12:08:46 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
50% skill
50% connection

I'll even be fine with that. But saying that connection plays >50% of the role in doing well? **** outta here, I don't buy that. Again, if that was the case, there would be a lot less people who are able to do well consistently. I'm not claiming to be the only one who can typically do well regardless of what connection they're on...I know PLENTY of others who can do the same. So Fox, please stop assuming that I'm trying to boost my ego here by bragging. That's not the case at all.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#42glowuptheballPosted 2/5/2013 12:11:18 AM
I'mtooskilled, please tell me you don't play a ton of TDM cause those K/D's would be too good to be true.
---
#43ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:11:24 AM
Based on your weapons, you play more campy than most....

When you're camping and there's lag in the game, it's not that noticeable...

No wonder all the people who complain about lag and crap are objective players or people who try to run around the map.....
#44ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 12:12:14 AM
Proudleaf24 posted...
Anyone who thinks that the multitude of posters complaining about this crap are all LOLBADKIDS are idiots.

All I'm saying is that I've never had my ass even close to handed to me by people with .6 K/Ds...regardless of the connection. Again, guess I'm just lucky and never go against people while on an unfavorable host.

Now if I was playing solid players with 1.5+ K/Ds, and I was on an unfavorable connection? I still wouldn't get destroyed, but I could definitely see myself not doing too well. Would probably be in the 1.5-2 K/D range.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#45ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:13:13 AM

No wonder all the people who complain about lag and crap are objective players or people who try to run around the map.....

I'm not calling you a camper btw. You could play more defensively in objective modes than others. It just seems the people who seem to complain about lag and crap are the guys using the shotguns and SMGs while rushing, while the people who use more long range weapons generally complain less about lag and connections.
#46Proudleaf24Posted 2/5/2013 12:14:58 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Proudleaf24 posted...
Anyone who thinks that the multitude of posters complaining about this crap are all LOLBADKIDS are idiots.

All I'm saying is that I've never had my ass even close to handed to me by people with .6 K/Ds...regardless of the connection. Again, guess I'm just lucky and never go against people while on an unfavorable host.

Now if I was playing solid players with 1.5+ K/Ds, and I was on an unfavorable connection? I still wouldn't get destroyed, but I could definitely see myself not doing too well. Would probably be in the 1.5-2 K/D range.

.6 KD is probably just the TC's way of exaggerating, but I can see the point that he's trying to make and I can sympathize. And while I do don't systematically check every single KD ratio of the lobby I just played, I've definitely encountered terrible randoms who somehow, magically, could eat through my host powers.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#47ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 12:17:49 AM

Yeah, because I don't use SMGs all the time I must camp. Fantastic logic there. Again, anyone who has seen me play or played with me knows I don't camp. Ever. And a ~500 SPM is some pretty solid evidence of that.

PDW - 383 kills, 2.20 K/D
Peacekeeper - 324 kills, 3.24 K/D
KSG - 314 kills, 2.21 K/D
Skorpion - 100 kills, 3.33 K/D
Chicom - 97 kills, 2.94 K/D

Only reason PDW is that low is because I usually pull it out if I'm playing good opponents. It's my "tryhard" class that I resort to when I go up against parties of decent players.

glowuptheball posted...
I'mtooskilled, please tell me you don't play a ton of TDM cause those K/D's would be too good to be true.

I don't really. I have a 3.43 K/D in TDM but hardly 200 kills in it. I hate TDM. I have just under a 3 K/D in KC, though, which isn't too bad.

I play Domination mostly.
---
#48ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:19:57 AM
Here:

I recently partied up with a few friends so we had a team 5 of. Went into Domination and was against a clan of 5 (we each had a randumb). We were talking crap to each other in the lobby before hand and just joking around with them. Their clan was a group of high school friends from out in Cali. I believe LA....

My team consisted of all IRL friends who live within a 15 mile radius of each other (Virginia)... One of us got host.... We absolutely slaughtered these guys, I'm talking triple capped winning 200-78 in Slums... Triple capping in Slums!

Next game one of them got host (California)... We ended up just having our asses handed to us and legit not 1 of us got a killstreak (the lowest streak we ran was a CP). We got slaughtered about 200-90 in Slums with them triple capping us....

Skill absolutely didn't matter (maybe 10%)... If you had half a brain and were on the team with the host you'd do ridiculously well.... We all laughed about just how bad the damn game was and how much we were all lagging... We decided to part ways rather than roll the dice and see who would get host the next round.
#49ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 12:21:41 AM
Proudleaf24 posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Proudleaf24 posted...

.6 KD is probably just the TC's way of exaggerating, but I can see the point that he's trying to make and I can sympathize. And while I do don't systematically check every single KD ratio of the lobby I just played, I've definitely encountered terrible randoms who somehow, magically, could eat through my host powers.

Well even I will admit that I've done poorly against worse players than me before due to connection. But it doesn't happen often, and it's not to players who aren't at least solid players with 1.5+ K/Ds.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not saying connection doesn't ever matter. Just saying good players will manage to consistently do well regardless of what connection they're on, unless they're playing good opponents. Obviously a solid/good player on a favorable connection will have an easier time doing well against a solid/good player on an unfavorable connection. But TC makes it seem like he gets **** on by flat-out bad players.
---
#50glowuptheballPosted 2/5/2013 12:22:15 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...

Yeah, because I don't use SMGs all the time I must camp. Fantastic logic there. Again, anyone who has seen me play or played with me knows I don't camp. Ever. And a ~500 SPM is some pretty solid evidence of that.

PDW - 383 kills, 2.20 K/D
Peacekeeper - 324 kills, 3.24 K/D
KSG - 314 kills, 2.21 K/D
Skorpion - 100 kills, 3.33 K/D
Chicom - 97 kills, 2.94 K/D

Only reason PDW is that low is because I usually pull it out if I'm playing good opponents. It's my "tryhard" class that I resort to when I go up against parties of decent players.

glowuptheball posted...

I don't really. I have a 3.43 K/D in TDM but hardly 200 kills in it. I hate TDM. I have just under a 3 K/D in KC, though, which isn't too bad.

I play Domination mostly.

Oh, and yeah it's obvious lag isn't a huge issue. Also, camping in anything except team deathmatch sounds alright to me, I mean i want my team to guard B, or the bomb, or the flag.
---