Man, do I love having my ass handed to me by people with .6 KDs.

#61itachitheonePosted 2/5/2013 12:43:05 AM
XxOblivion77 posted...
I hate this game. I think I'm gonna try the Crysis 3 beta again.

*starts up BO2 again*

loooool im crying, thats that call of duty syndrome
---
Wii code: 5473-1258-2838-2430
Brawl FC: 0430-7943-5764
#62Proudleaf24Posted 2/5/2013 12:44:16 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
I apologize if I'm coming off as saying "you're bad and connection doesn't matter". That's not my point at all. I simply think it's unfair to act as if connection is essentially the only thing that matters in this game (as Fox likes to think).

I was directing most of the criticism towards other posters earlier in the thread, not you. I agree that CoD isn't completely connection dependent, and that you need a great deal of skill to really do well in these games. But, the fact that host sometimes is a detriment strikes me as very eerie. I don't like being played a fool when my connection has next to no problems.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#63Foxx3kPosted 2/5/2013 12:44:18 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Foxx3k posted...
ImTooSkilled, you're coming across as if you're saying "TC can't be right because that doesn't happen to me because I always do well."

Take that as you will.

I just find it strange that out of all the lobbies I've been in, I've never had one where the connection is so bad that I can't even manage to do decently well against bad players. Meanwhile, people act like it's a regular thing.

Maybe I just have really, really, really, really good luck when it comes to BO2.

Well you acknowledge that the community considers it a regular thing, which is good - that's a good step forward.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#64ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:50:03 AM
It also depends on the time that you play and the area that you live in....

For some reason, whenever it hits midnight my time (EST). I start to get A TON OF SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE!.... It's so weird. Also if I'm on REALLY early (like 5-7am) I get FRENCH speaking people... If I'm hosting then, it's bad. If one of them is hosting, it's bad.

I usually play most of my games between 10pm and 9am EST. All depends when I wake up and my work schedule.... That might account for quite a bit of it...
#65RaGe0420Posted 2/5/2013 1:01:42 AM
I agree, have had it happen many times I will start a game like 15-1 or 20-3 then host change. I get stuck hosting and end up going negative/barely even. It sucks and something needs to be done.

My connection
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487089962.png
---
G.T. RaGe0420
#66duericPosted 2/5/2013 4:31:15 AM
Playing against people like that is f**** hard.

They have no regard for survival, only kills. You just get caught up in using logic and reason and end up constantly overestimating them.

"Just killed this guy 3 times at this spot. I gotta move to cover the flank". *Gets shot in back by said person taking exact same route as before*

Story of my COD life.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#67ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 4:37:12 AM
dueric posted...
Playing against people like that is f**** hard.

They have no regard for survival, only kills. You just get caught up in using logic and reason and end up constantly overestimating them.

"Just killed this guy 3 times at this spot. I gotta move to cover the flank". *Gets shot in back by said person taking exact same route as before*

Story of my COD life.

Lmao, I know right? Sometimes people's stupid playstyles somehow end up working out in the end. Can't help but laugh at the fact that it actually worked for them.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#68GandalfTehGrayPosted 2/5/2013 5:21:01 AM
I can do well on complete crap connection but you know when you get screwed or have to play differently because you can't win a straight up gun fight due to horribad lag.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#69majormPosted 2/5/2013 5:26:54 AM(edited)
Obviously skill matters somewhat. The best players will still do the best. It balances out to a certain degree. You have those games where you just can't kill anybody. And then you have those games where it's working in your favor. People don't want to think about that as much. They just want to think about the games when lag hurts them. But you also have those games where you just run around throwing caution to the wind because you're dropping guys right and left. You feel nearly invincible and win EVERY head to head. You know they're the ones screaming now.

But anybody who has played the game has experienced the frustration that the TC is talking about.

I will always maintain that the people that do really well at this game consistently are the ones that have some skill and a really good internet connection.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#70nath999Posted 2/5/2013 6:29:56 AM
Bad people are still bad, connection doesn't change that.
---
PSN / GT: Deathstroke XII
SSBB:2578-2790-7862