Man, do I love having my ass handed to me by people with .6 KDs.

#71DarxidePosted 2/5/2013 7:42:34 AM
nath999 posted...
Bad people are still bad, connection doesn't change that.

But good people are not always good, thanks to connectio, the point TC was trying to make.
#72shadowsofdawnPosted 2/5/2013 7:52:06 AM
Foxx3k posted...
In no other game ever in my entire life have I looked at my latency and thought "oh shucks, I'm four bar."

I don't understand comments like this. When I'm 4 bar everything works as it should, win some fights, lost others. When I'm 3 bar, my screen randomly freezes for a few seconds, enemies teleport across my screen, my bullets have lag time before they hit, etc.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#73NinjaDeath911Posted 2/5/2013 7:56:11 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
It just feels so awesome when you're in a one on one fight with someone with a .6 KD who is horrible at the game, you get the jump on them, see them first, aim first, shoot first, unload half a clip then BOOM! They've got a magic gun that kills you in 1 shot. Then you watch the killcam of you shooting the wall 5 feet away from where they are camping as they hipfire 30 bullets from an LMG to kill you.

What's even better is when you're in a party of 3 player who are pretty good and you all get your asses handed to you by a bunch of randumbs from Canadia! Woohoo! Nothing is better than that! We all love flanking into a room from different sides to watch the one nooby corner camper kill us without us even firing a single bullet in his direction!

Yea, this game takes so much skill and the stats mean so much in it...

/sarcasm

Really though, the only 'stat' that matters in this game if the arbitrary ass 'stat' Treyarch assigns to your internet speed telling them whether or not to have you lag compensated or not. I hate killcams that show me never firing a guy, yet on my screen I put enough bullets directly into him to kill him 4 times over.

And their .6 wasn't created by lag right?
Sounds more like for once, that player was on the right side of lag for once
You can sit your entitled self down now

"How dare this .64 kdr person shoot me"

I deal with lag all the time, when its bad, I take off my Xbox and do something
#74ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 8:01:45 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Foxx3k posted...
In no other game ever in my entire life have I looked at my latency and thought "oh shucks, I'm four bar."

I don't understand comments like this. When I'm 4 bar everything works as it should, win some fights, lost others. When I'm 3 bar, my screen randomly freezes for a few seconds, enemies teleport across my screen, my bullets have lag time before they hit, etc.

This is what confuses me most about all of this "lag". Everyone says different situations are desirable.

For example, some people say the game in unplayable when they're host. They describe a horrible experience that makes it impossible to do well. However, I've heard other people say that having host is a ridiculous advantage, and basically puts the game on easy-mode.

And like you mentioned...you think playing on a 4 bar is perfectly fine. But others say that anytime they're on a 4 bar they feel like they're a half-second behind everyone else.

All of this is just so confusing to me lol. Maybe that's why I'm quick to downplay it all.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#75CaffeineSnorterPosted 2/5/2013 9:05:44 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Foxx3k posted...

This is what confuses me most about all of this "lag". Everyone says different situations are desirable.

For example, some people say the game in unplayable when they're host. They describe a horrible experience that makes it impossible to do well. However, I've heard other people say that having host is a ridiculous advantage, and basically puts the game on easy-mode.

And like you mentioned...you think playing on a 4 bar is perfectly fine. But others say that anytime they're on a 4 bar they feel like they're a half-second behind everyone else.

All of this is just so confusing to me lol. Maybe that's why I'm quick to downplay it all.

Until we see some concrete proof we have to go with what the majority of the players feel and not the minority of the players. In a game like CoD where it can screw you over repeatedly due to bad spawning there are no stats that matter. That one death could have stopped you from a UAV, a hellstorm, sentry gun, AGR, swarm.... Play Hiijacked against a clan and watch them spawn trap you over and over again because of your idiot teammates. Skill is a laughable commodity in this game.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#76spacecowboy44Posted 2/5/2013 9:17:34 AM
lag is clearly a problem...however good players will still be good and bad players bad....its simple
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#77RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/5/2013 9:25:09 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Foxx3k posted...
blacklabelice posted...
get a better internet connection and quit crying.

LOL

Or, more appropriately, route your connection through your computer so you can throttle it and introduce extra latency.

Oh, so you think good connections hinder a player? Then how come I play on a great connection and almost always manage to hold at least a 2 K/D?

Again, not saying that connection doesn't matter. Just saying a good player will do well MOST OF THE TIME regardless. And I'd NEVER get my ass handed to my by .6 K/D players...IDC what connection issues there are.

edit: Here's my internet

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2474023279.png

So how come I manage to overcome my connection issues? Can't be skill, since you said skill is a non-factor in BO2. What is it?

Clueless
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#78CapwnDPosted 2/7/2013 12:05:28 AM
lag is clearly a problem...however good players will still be good and bad players bad....its simple

This, plus your teammates or lack of teammates plays a huge factor too. And the factor of if the other team has a good core group of players.

Blaming the game being broken or lag is just stupid. Yes, the connection issues suck major ass, and is a legitimate complaint. To blame everything on that and piss and moan about "no skill, just connection dependent" is stupid, naive, and looks to be a larger issue where somebody got their ass handed to them and can't deal with it.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#79sticky_white100Posted 2/7/2013 1:37:10 AM
My connection is 2mbs which sucks and I still have a near 3k/d ratio even when I'm rushing.
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure youve done anything at all."
#80sticky_white100Posted 2/7/2013 1:38:28 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2492039456.png
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure youve done anything at all."