Should scoring in TDM be increased?

#11natedude0903Posted 2/4/2013 11:36:44 PM
Cupcakes.
---
GT: l DatAss l (those are L's)
http://www.youtube.com/user/nategypsy0903
#12FaithInAllPosted 2/4/2013 11:37:11 PM
All I really play is tdm and it is a bit sad to see all the other playlists get more love when it comes to scorestreaks. 125 would be perfect imo and here's hoping they change it.
#13KeldonisPosted 2/4/2013 11:47:34 PM(edited)
Agree with both. Kills should equal 125 points to compete with other game modes, and the overall score of 75 should be increased.

I've always been a TDM player, always have been. I had 500+ something hours on TDM in MW3 alone.

However, in this game it really is terrible.... and with the new scorestreak system (i.e. no more killstreaks fueling killstreaks), it's just not fun anymore.

People have been saying they've been gradually trying to "kill off" TDM in the COD franchise. They were successful (At least in my case).

I've since switched to KC. Loving it. I'm finally able to run high scorestreaks on a consistent basis, and it's so much faster paced.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#14Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2013 11:47:21 PM
Keldonis posted...
Agree with both. Kills should equal 125 points to compete with other game modes, and the overall score of 75 should be increased.

I've always been a TDM player, always have been. I had 500+ something hours on TDM MW3 alone.

However, in this game it really is terrible.... and with the new scorestreak system (i.e. no more killstreaks fueling killstreaks), it's just not fun anymore.

People have been saying they've been gradually trying to "kill off" TDM in the COD franchise. They were successful (At least in my case).

I've since switched to KC. Loving it. I'm finally able to run high scorestreaks on a consistent basis, and it's so much faster paced.

If the goal is to kill off TDM, then I'm all for it. Kill Confirmed is like TDM, except better in every way.

When I went back to Black Ops 1 the other weekend, TDM felt weird and alien to me...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#15KeldonisPosted 2/4/2013 11:59:11 PM
Foxx3k posted...
If the goal is to kill off TDM, then I'm all for it. Kill Confirmed is like TDM, except better in every way.

When I went back to Black Ops 1 the other weekend, TDM felt weird and alien to me...

TDM has pretty much been my only game-type for the past 4 years so in a way I'm kind of sad to see it go. I took pride in my 2.0+ K/D's and being at the top of the leaderboards.

Of course, in past games it was also much easier to chain killstreaks. I always had Pavelow's/AC-130's up in MW3, and SR71/Chopper Gunner/Dogs in Black Ops 1.

Then this game came out and I was lucky to get a Stealth Chopper.

It felt oh so sweet when I started getting dogs again on a regular basis. When it first came out I was off-put by how hard it was in TDM. At this point I'm wondering why I haven't been playing KC all along. Ah well. Better late than never.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#16GameMaster14GMPosted 2/5/2013 12:28:18 AM
vonderhaar stated its more about killing with your gun than score streaks for TDM. IMO its a better mode now because you dont see high scorestreaks wheres i can pull out a warthog or VSAT pretty often in other modes.

this mode is more a break from scorestreaks and it's fine as is.
#17RoketomanPosted 2/5/2013 12:47:45 AM
GameMaster14GM posted...
vonderhaar stated its more about killing with your gun than score streaks for TDM. IMO its a better mode now because you dont see high scorestreaks wheres i can pull out a warthog or VSAT pretty often in other modes.

this mode is more a break from scorestreaks and it's fine as is.

This, we don't need high end streaks dominating every game mode.
---
Christ is Lord
#18lonelyhuntrPosted 2/5/2013 1:12:07 AM
I never got why KC is harder to get points and requires more points. I feel tdm and KC's limits should be swapped
---
Video games make you smarter. If it wasn't for Monster Hunter i would have never noticed that 60 was divisible by 1,2,3,4,5,6,12 and 15.
#19BipBapBam(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:28:50 AM
lonelyhuntr posted...
I never got why KC is harder to get points and requires more points. I feel tdm and KC's limits should be swapped

I still don't understand why they raised the score limit to KC either. It gets really boring at about 60, MW3's 65 was fine IMO. So many more matches go the full time up to 100.
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez
#20SpinalsniperPosted 2/5/2013 2:26:16 AM
I refuse to participate due to the YOLO crap.
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101