If MW4 goes back to killstreaks, we're all ****ed

#1GarrafanPosted 2/4/2013 11:01:47 PM
5 kills for a UAV in BO2 and some people consider it OP
In MW2 5 kills got you a predator missile, and 3 kills got you a UAV. If they go back to that crappy system that game will be crap because we're all so used to not seeing powerful killstreaks so often.
---
A7x is the best band ever.
#2KirbixPosted 2/4/2013 11:03:54 PM
MW2 also had 2-hit kills from half the guns in the game.

You get used to dying a lot in the MW games.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#3__redxiii__Posted 2/4/2013 11:07:55 PM
As an objective player I like the scorestreaks system. I think killstreaks will be fine as long as killstreaks don't count towards your killstreak. Yea I know.
#4GameMaster14GMPosted 2/4/2013 11:12:51 PM
__redxiii__ posted...
As an objective player I like the scorestreaks system. I think killstreaks will be fine as long as killstreaks don't count towards your killstreak. Yea I know.

yea pretty much what MW3 did without letting KS's stack over other higher ones....
#5liljoker30Posted 2/4/2013 11:22:55 PM
Yeah I liked the scorestreak system in MW3 better being an objective player. I play HQ mostly and it makes get up to the top tier of kill streaks difficult without hiding and not going after the objective. I feel the system was a step backwards overall.
#6chessmyantidrugPosted 2/4/2013 11:53:42 PM
I don't think Call of Duty will ever go back to a streak system that's based solely on kills. I'm hoping Infinity Ward brings back strike packages. If the support package includes powerful streaks like Stealth Bomber and EMP again, they should be slightly harder to attain. Then again, it was hard for someone to call in more than one EMP in a game. They needed at least 36 points.

It would be interesting if they melded the scorestreak and strike package ideas.
#7StormthornPosted 2/5/2013 2:04:32 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
I don't think Call of Duty will ever go back to a streak system that's based solely on kills. I'm hoping Infinity Ward brings back strike packages. If the support package includes powerful streaks like Stealth Bomber and EMP again, they should be slightly harder to attain. Then again, it was hard for someone to call in more than one EMP in a game. They needed at least 36 points.

It would be interesting if they melded the scorestreak and strike package ideas.

I always felt that, support package wise, taking Hardline and running UAV / Counter-UAV / NOTHING was better than trying for one of those big ones. One EMP, or like...six each of the other two.

I doubt MW4 will go back to straight killstreaks, but I cant say im a fan of the current system either.
#8ReTouchablePosted 2/5/2013 2:12:58 PM
Garrafan posted...
5 kills for a UAV in BO2 and some people consider it OP
In MW2 5 kills got you a predator missile, and 3 kills got you a UAV. If they go back to that crappy system that game will be crap because we're all so used to not seeing powerful killstreaks so often.

Don't forget that in MW3 you may even die between your kills for a UAV.
#9NevestPosted 2/5/2013 3:03:27 PM
Don't forget that IW hates using pretty much anything Treyarch introduces. They'll probably get ignore scorestreaks and the pick ten.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/Nevest356/1dollagifas.gif http://img.imgcake.com/abedgifyn.gif ---GT: Serevarno
#10Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/5/2013 3:07:51 PM
It really sucks because people only complained when Ghost was very, very rare. Now the nerf is permanent.