It's probably been asked before... Cross Platform Play? Why not? Yay or Nay?

#1ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/5/2013 1:00:49 AM
I'm not too sure on how that would even work to tell you the truth. I know dedicated servers would be needed.

Is it possible though if they had the servers? Do any other games have something like that? Would you think of it as a pro or a con if you could play with people on the PS3 (maybe even PC? (I think the Nintendo version has some 'other' features or crap that wouldn't work with us correctly).
#2glowuptheballPosted 2/5/2013 1:02:56 AM
PC is too different, a mouse is way different. Now if PS3 was integrated (which will never happen) my K/D would definitely go up.
---
#3ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 1:11:23 AM
Yeah, PC wouldn't be any fun because any good PC player would **** on a good console player due to the advantages of having a mouse.

PS3 would be fun. Not sure how/if it would work, though.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#4Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/5/2013 1:12:23 AM
Between the PS3 and 360, I don't really see anything that could get in the way. Then again, haven't really given it much thought.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#5__redxiii__Posted 2/5/2013 1:15:25 AM
PS3 and 360 being cross-platform is like jews and muslims going to the same mosque/synagogue.Not gonna happen.
#6ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:17:22 AM
glowuptheball posted...
PC is too different, a mouse is way different. Now if PS3 was integrated (which will never happen) my K/D would definitely go up.

IDK about that. I've played on both consoles honestly... PS3 seems to have a more 'fun' community of older more casual players, but with the usual tryhards and such as well. XBOX has a LOT more little kids who play and try to quickscope anything that moves.

I'd honestly say the average age of a PS3 player is 3 years older than the average XBOX player. It's a lot to do with the games that are out for them as well. XBOX is more 'kid friendly' and such. Kinect is a HUGE plus to why many families with kids own XBOXs.

I'm not saying either is better or worse. Just the communities are different.

Who's a 'youtuber' who uploads both PS3 and XBOX gameplays from any of the CODs? I know Chris Smoove does...

For MW3 on PS3 he has a 2.52 KD with 115 hours play time, SPM is about 253. Can one of you guys check his out on the 360? I'm not saying he's good or anything, just the only one I know who plays on both systems.
#7FeelMyBladePosted 2/5/2013 1:18:30 AM
Sure, the more the merrier.
#8ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:19:13 AM
Yea, it would be a dick move on Activisions part (for either console manufacturer) if they could pull it off at all. Some people might have only bought PS3/360 to play with their friends... Honestly, the reason I got a PS3? Gran Turismo.... It's got all the games I'd normally play PLUS my favorite damn game!
#9__redxiii__Posted 2/5/2013 1:19:38 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
glowuptheball posted...

IDK about that. I've played on both consoles honestly... PS3 seems to have a more 'fun' community of older more casual players, but with the usual tryhards and such as well. XBOX has a LOT more little kids who play and try to quickscope anything that moves.

I'd honestly say the average age of a PS3 player is 3 years older than the average XBOX player. It's a lot to do with the games that are out for them as well. XBOX is more 'kid friendly' and such. Kinect is a HUGE plus to why many families with kids own XBOXs.

I'm not saying either is better or worse. Just the communities are different.

Who's a 'youtuber' who uploads both PS3 and XBOX gameplays from any of the CODs? I know Chris Smoove does...

For MW3 on PS3 he has a 2.52 KD with 115 hours play time, SPM is about 253. Can one of you guys check his out on the 360? I'm not saying he's good or anything, just the only one I know who plays on both systems.

I played COD for ps3 before getting a 360 and by my online screennames you can immediately tell I'm black and I can't tell you how many times a day on the 360 I am called the "n-word" for no reason. I'll join a lobby and people are yelling racial slurs at me. That never once happened on PS3.
#10ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:21:44 AM
A quick google shows this being the differences between Wii U and PS3/360 versions.

Known so far:

The ability to play two-player versus "split-screen" -- one player on the TV and one player using the GamePad's built-in display.
Touch controls on the GamePad for customization, such as setting up loadouts, as well as easily selecting kill streaks.
Support of the GamePad, Wii Remote + Nunchuk combos, as well as the Pro Controller
Use of the game pad microphone for voice chat when headphones are plugged into the game pads headphone jack.

If all the information is the same that's being given to the servers, there shouldn't be much of a problem right? I know I'd love to stomp some Wii U kids haha. THATS the inferior console.