It's probably been asked before... Cross Platform Play? Why not? Yay or Nay?

#11ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:26:07 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
ihaveyahoorares posted...
glowuptheball posted...
PC is too different, a mouse is way different. Now if PS3 was integrated (which will never happen) my K/D would definitely go up.

IDK about that. I've played on both consoles honestly... PS3 seems to have a more 'fun' community of older more casual players, but with the usual tryhards and such as well. XBOX has a LOT more little kids who play and try to quickscope anything that moves.

I'd honestly say the average age of a PS3 player is 3 years older than the average XBOX player. It's a lot to do with the games that are out for them as well. XBOX is more 'kid friendly' and such. Kinect is a HUGE plus to why many families with kids own XBOXs.

I'm not saying either is better or worse. Just the communities are different.

Who's a 'youtuber' who uploads both PS3 and XBOX gameplays from any of the CODs? I know Chris Smoove does...

For MW3 on PS3 he has a 2.52 KD with 115 hours play time, SPM is about 253. Can one of you guys check his out on the 360? I'm not saying he's good or anything, just the only one I know who plays on both systems.

I played COD for ps3 before getting a 360 and by my online screennames you can immediately tell I'm black and I can't tell you how many times a day on the 360 I am called the "n-word" for no reason. I'll join a lobby and people are yelling racial slurs at me. That never once happened on PS3.

Haha. On occasion when I hear a black guy (and only one) in the lobby I'll refer to him as the Token Black Guy of the lobby. They usually laugh at it and call me a white boy. All in good fun. Rarely do I hear racial slurs on the PS3 from anyone but the spanish speaking community.

GOOD LORD DO THE SPANISH PEOPLE HAVE FILTHY MOUTHS!!! I'm always hearing racial slurs and other 'sexual' stuff being said by them....

Last month I had an incredibly foul mouther squeaker in the lobby though. Kid was probably 11-12 saying the most insane stuff I've ever heard.... I'm a bartender, no language usually throws me for a loop. This kid had it ALL! Racial slurs, sexual positions, sexual references, mom jokes, government jokes, terrorist jokes, etc. I've never heard so much profane talking come from someone for that long of a time period.... Not once did he say anything 'normal'.
#12glowuptheballPosted 2/5/2013 12:27:05 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
glowuptheball posted...
PC is too different, a mouse is way different. Now if PS3 was integrated (which will never happen) my K/D would definitely go up.

IDK about that. I've played on both consoles honestly... PS3 seems to have a more 'fun' community of older more casual players, but with the usual tryhards and such as well. XBOX has a LOT more little kids who play and try to quickscope anything that moves.

I'd honestly say the average age of a PS3 player is 3 years older than the average XBOX player. It's a lot to do with the games that are out for them as well. XBOX is more 'kid friendly' and such. Kinect is a HUGE plus to why many families with kids own XBOXs.

I'm not saying either is better or worse. Just the communities are different.

Who's a 'youtuber' who uploads both PS3 and XBOX gameplays from any of the CODs? I know Chris Smoove does...

For MW3 on PS3 he has a 2.52 KD with 115 hours play time, SPM is about 253. Can one of you guys check his out on the 360? I'm not saying he's good or anything, just the only one I know who plays on both systems.

Maybe deep down I do actually believe PS3 players are worse, but only because the PS3 players I know are poop and it's not cause they're not trying. Also, the main reason they got a PS3 was because online is free, so i would put my money on Xbox players because they are paying to play.

On a side note, my thumbs hit each other when i play with the PS3 controller.
---
#13Aether_LyricPosted 2/5/2013 12:31:37 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Yeah, PC wouldn't be any fun because any good PC player would **** on a good console player due to the advantages of having a mouse.

lol, the average PC CoD player is awful. I'd love to face them.
#14ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:33:41 AM
glowuptheball posted...
Maybe deep down I do actually believe PS3 players are worse, but only because the PS3 players I know are poop and it's not cause they're not trying. Also, the main reason they got a PS3 was because online is free, so i would put my money on Xbox players because they are paying to play.

On a side note, my thumbs hit each other when i play with the PS3 controller.

Some of us are still on our Original PS3 that we bought since it has a Blu-Ray player and we knew HD-DVD wasn't going to work out lol... Also because our friends have it or because it has the games we want. I only bought it because Gran Turismo is an exclusive for Sony.

I've honestly never heard anyone say they have a PS3 because online is free. They do make fun of XBOX for having to pay for online though....

I also like the PS3 controller, same basic design through numerous consoles, I'm hoping for the same style controller with a few comfort things taken into consideration for the new PS4/Orbis controller.... Never liked the one for the XBOX... I can't believe that original XBOX controller. WTF were they thinking? Haha...
#15wehomiesPosted 2/5/2013 12:35:11 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
PS3 and 360 being cross-platform is like jews and muslims going to the same mosque/synagogue.Not gonna happen.
#16angrybirdsdudePosted 2/5/2013 12:42:38 AM
have any of you played on ps3? the lag/comp/detection/whwatever is godawful over there, and its full of terrible veggies and other bks.

please keep them segregated from xbox masterrace.
---
spread the <3
#17WrydrunePosted 2/5/2013 5:30:19 AM
I suppose it could happen, after all Shadowrun had it, and I think one or 2 more has also.
---
Capcom on racism:
We don't care what race our fans are, because we don't care about our fans.
#18slaveanselmoPosted 2/5/2013 6:14:42 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
Between the PS3 and 360, I don't really see anything that could get in the way. Then again, haven't really given it much thought.

How about Sony and Microsoft?

I they did crossplatform there wouldn't be much to differentiate the systems except exclusive titles. Then I wouldn't have to get an Xbox just because my buddies did but I could still . play
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.
#19VelociswaggerPosted 2/5/2013 6:18:04 AM
Suddenly I'd hit an 8.0 KD
---
Operator rH
SWAT-556 Pre-patch master race
#20JWhiskeyPosted 2/5/2013 6:19:29 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
PS3 and 360 being cross-platform is like jews and muslims going to the same mosque/synagogue.Not gonna happen.

Final Fantasy XI says "Hi".

It's PC, PS2, PS3 and 360.
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns