Why does a majority of the people think the m27 is the worst AR?

#11slayerxelitePosted 2/5/2013 8:15:45 AM
I thought it was the worst until I moved onto getting the SCAR gold. That was the worst AR experience by far.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#12fatclemenzaPosted 2/5/2013 8:24:41 AM
Low learning curve and low maximum potential. Its not an awful gun, just the worst AR. It doesn't do anything better than the others.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#13ggrissomPosted 2/5/2013 8:25:00 AM
I like the M27 just because the M4A1 has always been my favorite gun and this is the closest thing to it
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#14MexiRicanMoFoPosted 2/5/2013 8:29:48 AM
ggrissom posted...
I like the M27 just because the M4A1 has always been my favorite gun and this is the closest thing to it

This. The only AR's I've ever liked with the ACOG. I just wish it had that M4 reload...
---
GT: iLuv2WakenBake
#15darkshadowmasterPosted 2/5/2013 8:36:22 AM
It is the worst AR, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Hell I myself LOVE the M27 and it is by far my favorite AR, but that doesn't change the fact that every other AR beats it out.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#16joeimpoPosted 2/5/2013 9:15:06 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
It does between 22 and 33 damage while firing at 720 RPM. The Type 25 also does between 22 and 33 damage, but while firing at 900 RPM. The MTAR fires at 720 RPM, but does between 24 and 40 damage. Just looking at those three assault rifles, the M27 is statistically inferior. The M27 has the slowest TTK in the game.

When you compare the M27 directly to the two other automatic assault rifles, both the SCAR-H and AN-94 do considerably more damage. The SCAR-H fires slower and has considerably more recoil, but can kill in three shots and has considerably more range. The AN-94's first two shots come out at 900 RPM with every following round coming out at 600 RPM. You can burst fire to achieve a higher rate of fire and the recoil is very manageable.

When you compare the M27 to the two semi-automatic assault rifles ... never mind, I won't waste my time.

When you compare the M27 to the two burst assault rifles, it's outclassed by the M8A1 thanks to it's quick bursts and negligible burst delay and by the SWAT-556 thanks to consistent bursts and incredible range.

The M27 isn't useless, just outclassed by every other weapon in the game.

Yes, but this is slightly misleading...

It has a fast reload and you can pretty much run it naked and be fine. You can use the extra points on anything else you want.

And the biggest thing is that is has virtually no recoil. TTK assumes you hit every bullet. At range, guns like the SCAR and AN-94 will miss a bullet or two so you have to actually fire 5-6 shots to get 3 or 4 to hit and get the kill. With the M27, if you have good accuracy, you will hit with more bullets, miss less, and kill faster.
---
Beer: The cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems.
#17chessmyantidrugPosted 2/5/2013 9:39:34 AM
joeimpo posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
It does between 22 and 33 damage while firing at 720 RPM. The Type 25 also does between 22 and 33 damage, but while firing at 900 RPM. The MTAR fires at 720 RPM, but does between 24 and 40 damage. Just looking at those three assault rifles, the M27 is statistically inferior. The M27 has the slowest TTK in the game.

When you compare the M27 directly to the two other automatic assault rifles, both the SCAR-H and AN-94 do considerably more damage. The SCAR-H fires slower and has considerably more recoil, but can kill in three shots and has considerably more range. The AN-94's first two shots come out at 900 RPM with every following round coming out at 600 RPM. You can burst fire to achieve a higher rate of fire and the recoil is very manageable.

When you compare the M27 to the two semi-automatic assault rifles ... never mind, I won't waste my time.

When you compare the M27 to the two burst assault rifles, it's outclassed by the M8A1 thanks to it's quick bursts and negligible burst delay and by the SWAT-556 thanks to consistent bursts and incredible range.

The M27 isn't useless, just outclassed by every other weapon in the game.

Yes, but this is slightly misleading...

It has a fast reload and you can pretty much run it naked and be fine. You can use the extra points on anything else you want.

And the biggest thing is that is has virtually no recoil. TTK assumes you hit every bullet. At range, guns like the SCAR and AN-94 will miss a bullet or two so you have to actually fire 5-6 shots to get 3 or 4 to hit and get the kill. With the M27, if you have good accuracy, you will hit with more bullets, miss less, and kill faster.

I guess if you're letting the entire reload animation play every time, then the M27 has a slight advantage over the rest of the assault rifles. If you reload cancel, then that advantage almost entirely disappears. You can run any assault rifle without attachments and be fine, so that argument is moot.

The M27 may have virtually no recoil, but that's because it's so lackluster in every other facet. It's statistically the weakest assault rifle in the game.