If I buy beer for a minor I go to jail, but if I...

#11__redxiii__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:51:10 AM
smolo82 posted...
Well, it isn't against the law to buy video games for minors. Supreme Court of the United States agrees and put the ban hammer on the California Legislation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/supreme-court-violent-video-games_n_884991.html

But none the less, its society as a whole and mainly their families which are failing them not them playing violent video games.

People who were violent and didn't have video games.
Adolf Hitler
Attila The Hun
Maximilien Robespierre
Ruhollah Khomeini
Idi Amin Dada
Pol Pot
Vlad III of Romania
Ivan IV of Russia
Josef Stalin
Charles Manson
Jack the Ripper

I read some of the article you posted and from what I got 10 yr olds in CALI can buy games like COD? In AZ they ask kids for IDs.
#12__redxiii__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:52:13 AM
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Bump for thoughts, seriously.

Seriousness? What are you talking about?

I'm saying what are your guys thoughts on this? It's illegal for minors to smoke/drink but a mom can buy her 9 year old son a game rated for 17+.

Alcohol and tobacco kill people, video games don't. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Parents blame video games though for violence. I remember when the game Bully came out, a lot of parents were %$#&ing bricks over that game.
#13belieberPosted 2/5/2013 11:53:24 AM
falseequivalencies.com/user/__redxiii__
#14WestSdeNleVrusPosted 2/5/2013 11:53:54 AM
Lerp85 posted...
Alcohol and tobacco kill people, video games don't. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Says the guy who has never had a jagged broken video game stab him in the jugular.....trust me....they kill....
#15hyperpowderPosted 2/5/2013 11:54:20 AM
If you play Call of duty it will turn you into a psycho, this is a fact.
---
Psn:djcinthaboy
http://i55.tinypic.com/358ysnc.jpg
#16__redxiii__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:55:10 AM
belieber posted...
falseequivalencies.com/user/__redxiii__

If someone gets drunk and goes and strangles their ex and someone plays a violent video game which causes them to kill someone how is it different?
#17Lerp85Posted 2/5/2013 11:55:25 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Bump for thoughts, seriously.

I'm saying what are your guys thoughts on this? It's illegal for minors to smoke/drink but a mom can buy her 9 year old son a game rated for 17+.

Parents blame video games though for violence. I remember when the game Bully came out, a lot of parents were %$#&ing bricks over that game.

So. Whats your point? Just cause some people don't want to take responsibility don't mean they kill people. Cause they don't.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#18Lerp85Posted 2/5/2013 11:57:10 AM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Lerp85 posted...

Says the guy who has never had a jagged broken video game stab him in the jugular.....trust me....they kill....

The person that stabbed some one with it killed them. Just like guns don't kill people, people do.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#19Mr_Awesomeness1Posted 2/5/2013 11:57:14 AM
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Lerp85 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...

So. Whats your point? Just cause some people don't want to take responsibility don't mean they kill people. Cause they don't.

don't mind this guy. his jimmies are in a constant state of ruffledness. he's always arguing with people.
---
"I'm Awesomer Than Everyone Else," - Mr. Awesomeness
#20__redxiii__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:57:25 AM
I don't think video games cause violence or "kill" people. I'm just saying there is a double standard. If parents want to use videogames as a scapegoat then they [the parents] need to be held to a higher level of responsibility.